DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All LEDs off, possible?

Darkabaz

Reactions
Is there any possibility to put the green and red leds off from the mavic 3 pro?
I have a confirmation from a client that he like drone video from wedding, that is inside in a 15m height building. Its gonna be dark so it the red and green leds are flashing it will ruine the video.

I have a mavic 3 enterprise also and that one has a great discreet mode. Any options for the pro?

Simple solution is a small piece of gaffers or electrical tape covering the LED's.

I took a look at the Litchi website but the Mavic 3 Pro is not supported.

I thought maybe Litchi would have an option if the DJI app doesn't.

This idea is, in theorety, ok. But i lost my previous Air 3 because of the electrical tape. I THINK that due to the wind displacement of the prop, a tape got into the prop on the left forearm and caused the prop to fall out. Resulting in a crash. So I don't dare to do that anymore. preferably just a button like the M3E can do.

Maybe a Black Sharpie?

I do think in general the Drone will be a Distraction not because of the lights but the sound. so again I would not worry about the lights I have never had any issues filming in the Dark of night with the lights showing in the video.
You have other issues to contend with such as keeping signal in the Church either by Atti or Sats.

I would try to do a practice flight inside the church before you even get started with the live version.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, Video tape in the black of night

Reactions: MA2 317
I do think in general the Drone will be a Distraction not because of the lights but the sound. so again I would not worry about the lights I have never had any issues filming in the Dark of night with the lights showing in the video.
You have other issues to contend with such as keeping signal in the Church either by Atti or Sats.

I would try to do a practice flight inside the church before you even get started with the live version.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, Video tape in the black of night
Hi, we already make 2 test flights indoor at that place and the sound is actually not the issue. The music sound power should be much more. It is frustrating when the leds are always visible. DJI should give us the option to put those leds off,when you want.

I will inform in a 3dprintshop to get some clips to put atound the leds.

Hi, we already make 2 test flights indoor at that place and the sound is actually not the issue. The music sound power should be much more. It is frustrating when the leds are always visible. DJI should give us the option to put those leds off,when you want.

I will inform in a 3dprintshop to get some clips to put atound the leds.
Use gaffers tape instead. Works great and no sticky mess. Stealth mode.

Since it will be dark, maybe cover the LEDs enough to minimize their effect, but still give you a visual point of reference for you/observer to see where the drone is.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverEagleSix