DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All New TRIPLTEK 8 Inch PRO. 1200 nits

This was posted on the Autel forum by Tripletk. Good news for the 8 inch tablet people. Not sure if the 7 inch tablet will get the same update.

Hello guys

It is my pleasure to announce, we finished the development of an Android protocol to stop the controller from charging the T8 PRO.

Now the T8 PRO is keeping the line and data transmission with the controller while not receiving power from it. So, the transmission is faster and it will not be power drawn from the controller!

All T8 PRO owners will be receiving the OTA update today.

To install the update go to Settings>About the Phone>Wireless update
Just looked and not there yet. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Small mount!
Make your own. Just go to a crafts/hobby store and your wil find plenty of things to build and attach it to the back of your tripltek. I/m not spending 20 bucks for a tiny piece of plastice, when I can by a few arts and crafts parts for 5 bucks.

Reactions: ajobmusee

Small mount!
After researching lots of mounts, I finally decided on this one. Ordered on sale for $15. Nice clean install and nothing to remove when done flying. Looks professional and lightweight.

I bought a Tripletek 8 to replace several of my tablets, mobiles, e-ink readers, etc.

But unfortunately I find it quite heavy and clumsy to use as a screen when I fly my drones, so it is stationary at home.

Lighter and thinner than the 7 inch, the TRIPLTEK 8 is keeping its signature display brightness and durability, adding more storage memory, a larger battery, better display resolution, smartphone calls capability, waterproof protection IP68, among other things you will love to discover.

Ultra-High Resolution Display 2560x1600 pixels, Android 10 , 8GB RAM 256GB Storage , Smartphone capabilities 4G LTE.

Long-lasting 12,200 mAh battery

Just pre-ordered a tripltek 8 pro. I have the 7 pro but will put it on ebay when I get the 8.

This entire notion of a tack on unit to a drone controller seems Archaic and Neanderthal. DJI was on the right track, a 1000 nit 5.5" controller; but Autel got it right, a 2000 nit 8" controller.

I like the fact that if I have to carry the weight in my backpack that I can use it for other things like topo mapping or anything else I can load onto an Android device. Including a backup phone if I simply switch the SIM card over.

Reactions: cgmaxed
I like the fact that if I have to carry the weight in my backpack that I can use it for other things like topo mapping or anything else I can load onto an Android device. Including a backup phone if I simply switch the SIM card over.
I hear that only the RC Pro for the M3 has OS3+. IS THIS CORRECT? What is the Standard controller transmitting and receiving in? OS3 or OS2?

I have attached an Alientech Power Amplified Antenna to the M3 Standard Remote. It created a dramatic improvement in transmission and reception of the signal between the remote and the drone. More than it did with my Air2s. It gave an extra 2 mile range. Now, with the mod, I actually get the 15km range as advertised by DJI. Why the antenna works so well with the standard M3 and Remote I don't know, but the improvement was dramatic. So, now, I don't feel I need the RC Pro , as the Alientech Mod seems to have improved the signal to the level of the RC PRO. Because of this and the fact the the Tripltek 8 has an 8 inch screen, bigger and brighter than the RC pro, I'm just purchased the Tripltek 8 Pro. I had to make a pre-order due to slight production delays, but I think it will be well worth the larger screen, brightness, it's phone capability and android app capabilities. Besides, it works with all drones. Not just a few of DJIs, but all drones. I find it a better value and believe I'll get more use from it , than the RC PRO.

Regarding my first statement/question above. Does any one have official knowledge of what the standard transmitter is transmitting versus the RC Pro. I know the M3 standard controller looks like the Mini and Air2s controller, but did DJI upgrade it's oftware or hardware at all or is it still an OS2 signal?

Last edited:
I hear that only the RC Pro for the M3 has OS3+. IS THIS CORRECT? What is the Standard controller transmitting and receiving in? OS3 or OS2?

I have attached an Alientech Power Amplified Antenna to the M3 Standard Remote. It created a dramatic improvement in transmission and reception of the signal between the remote and the drone. More than it did with my Air2s. It gave an extra 2 mile range. Now, with the mod, I actually get the 15km range as advertised by DJI. Why the antenna works so well with the standard M3 and Remote I don't know, but the improvement was dramatic. So, now, I don't feel I need the RC Pro , as the Alientech Mod seems to have improved the signal to the level of the RC PRO. Because of this and the fact the the Tripltek 8 has an 8 inch screen, bigger and brighter than the RC pro, I'm just purchased the Tripltek 8 Pro. I had to make a pre-order due to slight production delays, but I think it will be well worth the larger screen, brightness, it's phone capability and android app capabilities. Besides, it works with all drones. Not just a few of DJIs, but all drones. I find it a better value and believe I'll get more use from it , than the RC PRO.

Regarding my first statement/question above. Does any one have official knowledge of what the standard transmitter is transmitting versus the RC Pro. I know the M3 standard controller looks like the Mini and Air2s controller, but did DJI upgrade it's oftware or hardware at all or is it still an OS2 signal?
I have the standard controller with the Tripltek 8 and the RC PRO, and I did not experience any difference in signal, I have gotten the same range in my test with both of them. I also tested the EVO 2 PRO in the same place at the same time and the EVO had a much better range.

I just ordered this 2200 nit 7" display on Amazon for $270 and the Lifthor Smart Controller display holder for $89. I can't see even thinking about spending $800 on a new SC for the same 1000nit display when my SC works fine as it is. This 2200 nit 4k HDMI display is touch screen and is loaded with features.
I can’t seem to find this display online. Can you send a link? Thx.

I've got a question for the owners of TriplTek 8" Pro: how long is the average operating time (battery life)?

does anyone happen to know the screw size for the holes on the back of the Triple tek 8 pro? I designed a low profile mount to use with the DJI controller but need longer screws and my local hardware store didnt have any that were small enough to fit. I also looked through the mfg website and owners manual but didnt find what I needed
TIA!

I've got a question for the owners of TriplTek 8" Pro: how long is the average operating time (battery life)?
I use mine as my full time phone, and it easily lasts 2 days straight without charging, if you are only going to use as a tablet id imagine it would last much longer

does anyone happen to know the screw size for the holes on the back of the Triple tek 8 pro? I designed a low profile mount to use with the DJI controller but need longer screws and my local hardware store didnt have any that were small enough to fit. I also looked through the mfg website and owners manual but didnt find what I needed
TIA!
Tripltek is pretty good at answering questions so send them a email. Might be worth it.

Reactions: bubbaedc
TIA!
I know that this is pretty obvious, but make sure you don't get too long of a screw.
Hopefully it was NOT you that I saw video the other day...
But some guy used too long of a screw to mount his modified bracket...
And the unit ending up catching fire.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyPHX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ