DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All New TRIPLTEK 8 Inch PRO. 1200 nits

There's a 2000 nit display out there ... and it'll plug into the HDMI of the Smart Controller- but you have to ask, why didn't DJI just put that monitor into the SC in the first place. Nothing wrong having two products: bright and bigger+brighter.
I just ordered this 2200 nit 7" display on Amazon for $270 and the Lifthor Smart Controller display holder for $89. I can't see even thinking about spending $800 on a new SC for the same 1000nit display when my SC works fine as it is. This 2200 nit 4k HDMI display is touch screen and is loaded with features.

I just ordered this 2200 nit 7" display on Amazon for $270 and the Lifthor Smart Controller display holder for $89. I can't see even thinking about spending $800 on a new SC for the same 1000nit display when my SC works fine as it is. This 2200 nit 4k HDMI display is touch screen and is loaded with features.
Let us know how it goes. A display is not a controller, nor a smart device, so your phone will still be in the control loop - unless your phone has dual screen capability.

Let us know how it goes. A display is not a controller, nor a smart device, so your phone will still be in the control loop - unless your phone has dual screen capability.
It's going on my Smart Controller HDMI out, not a phone. Gives me 2200 nits of brightness on a mirrored display. I thought I explained what it was for but I guess not.

Reactions: eEridani
@TRIPLTEK
With the new tablet it says it is running Android 10. If I am not mistaken my 7 inch is running Android 9. I have emailed you guys in the past asking if the 7 inch operating system will be upgraded and your answer was yes. So with the 8 inch running andriod 10 does this mean we can expect the 7 inch to soon get the newer OS?

Lighter and thinner than the 7 inch, the TRIPLTEK 8 is keeping its signature display brightness and durability, adding more storage memory, a larger battery, better display resolution, smartphone calls capability, waterproof protection IP68, among other things you will love to discover.

Ultra-High Resolution Display 2560x1600 pixels, Android 10 , 8GB RAM 256GB Storage , Smartphone capabilities 4G LTE.

Long-lasting 12,200 mAh battery

Hi Mine just arrived. So far I love it but having a hard time with a good mount. Using LifThor lite for my Phantom controller and it is just right. However for my mini 2 controller I haven't really got a good impression yet. I like the mavmount they show on triplteks site but I really need a lanyard with this monster. The plastic ones put a ton of pressure on the antennas it appears so didn't get one of those either. Find anything you like ?

You' right got mine on now. Still I am a bit of cluts at times so will continue to look around but this idea should buy me plenty of time. I tell you though getting the strap on was a bit of a process. Still not positive I have it on right as it is very easy to loosen. Is there a ny tricks to getting it to stay tight or is just due to the elasticity?

I have the Lifthor DJI controller mount and put a Kondor Blue quick disconnect between the DJI controller mount and the Lifthor Tripltek bracket. Very secure, easily removed from the controller bracket.
Quick release mount: t.ly/cpC7

I just chatted with Thor from Thors DroneWorld and next weekend he will be releasing the Baldur Version 2. He gave me the pricing and 2 pictures:
Price will be USD $84 for standard kit and USD $115 for combo with 3x cables, lanyard and storage bag.

This is the clamp that I used for my 7" tripltek pro. it WILL NOT fit the new 8".

Attachments

• DJILifthorControllerMount.jpg
    DJILifthorControllerMount.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Baldur 2 presentation.jpg
    Baldur 2 presentation.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • Baldur2B.jpg
    Baldur2B.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • TripleTekClamp.jpg
    TripleTekClamp.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: clgreen
I use the cheaper 3D printed one. Works great and I don't find it puts any stress that would be harmful to the antenna mount. I use one of my many lanyard's that I had lying around and made a simple strap that goes under the tablet and around the antenna mount. Works very well and did not cost me a dime as I had the needed stuff in house already. Once around my neck it balances out just right allowing me to free up my hands if I need to.

20211008_132045.jpg

20211008_132109.jpg

I have the Lifthor DJI controller mount and put a Kondor Blue quick disconnect between the DJI controller mount and the Lifthor Tripltek bracket. Very secure, easily removed from the controller bracket.

I just chatted with Thor from Thors DroneWorld and next weekend he will be releasing the Baldur Version 2. He gave me the pricing and 2 pictures:
Price will be USD $84 for standard kit and USD $115 for combo with 3x cables, lanyard and storage bag.
Now that looks promising. The original Baldur required too much assembly and definitely would not fit in a case without taking it off. It appears they may have simplified the with the Baldur 2. Did they mention if this is so?

Now that looks promising. The original Baldur required too much assembly and definitely would not fit in a case without taking it off. It appears they may have simplified the with the Baldur 2. Did they mention if this is so?
It looks to me like it still needs to be kept on the controller. The reason I went with the quick disconnect was so I could remove the ball mount that was sticking up in my case. if you go to his website and put in a chat message, he will answer as I just finished chatting with him and he's very responsive. Ultimate tablet holders | thors-drone-world
Bottom right corner.. "Lets Chat"

This is the clamp that I used for my 7" tripltek pro. it WILL NOT fit the new 8".
OK just chatted with Him too and he said if all goes as planned he will create the videos and web listing this weekend. Good news for me although I will say the strap method Platoon showed above has so far worked very well today.

It looks to me like it still needs to be kept on the controller. The reason I went with the quick disconnect was so I could remove the ball mount that was sticking up in my case. if you go to his website and put in a chat message, he will answer as I just finished chatting with him and he's very responsive. Ultimate tablet holders | thors-drone-world
Bottom right corner.. "Lets Chat"
excellent idea. And FYI he just made the Baldur 2 available for Pre order a few moments ago

Has anyone used a triple tek as a phone replacement? Seeing that they can, my phone is a few years old and am looking for a new one soon, if the new one works well, which looking at the specs it looks amazing! I only use a bt headset for phone calls currently and wish I had a bigger screen, this seems like it checks all my boxes plus an awesome use for my A2S too!

I am using mine as a unique phone when I go boating, kayaking, and to the beach. Much more usable than my S21 Ultra for these environments.

Reactions: bubbaedc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929