DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Allure of the Seas

MPone

Reactions

Allure of the Seas is an Oasis class cruise ship owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. As of 2018, the Oasis class ships were the largest passenger vessels ever in service. The gross weight of Allure of the Seas is 225.3 tons. The ship features a two deck dance halls, a theater with 1,380 seats, an ice skating rink, 7 distinct neighborhoods, and 25 dining options. The ship length is 1181 ft, beam 154 ft, height 236 ft, 18 decks, could draft in 30 ft of water, maximum passenger capacity 6780, and has a maximum speed of 22.6 knots (~ 26 mph).

Where have you been hiding in recent times ?

Nice share.
What action cam was used ?

Good to see you back.
Yeah! Haven't been traveling much less droning due to many Covid restrictions.
For ground footage I use the DJI Pocket 2, 4K/60P. It does show pretty good resolution on big screen TV.

Thanks for watching.

Yeah! Haven't been traveling much less droning due to many Covid restrictions.
For ground footage I use the DJI Pocket 2, 4K/60P. It does show pretty good resolution on big screen TV.

Thanks for watching.

Good on you, and yeah thought it might be a pocket, I have the original (again ! long story) and will start using it more to incorporate into drone video stories.

Reactions: MPone
Nice job, really gets me anxious to sail again. Fingers crossed for April. I have been really wanting to go on an oasis class ship just for the experience. We mainly cruise NCL and Celebrity, better half has no interest in a ship that big, so we may do a boys cruise on Allure or Oasis and that'll fix that.

How have you like the pocket 2? I have one but am still sorting it out, have only done a few time-lapses.

Allure of the Seas is an Oasis class cruise ship owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. As of 2018, the Oasis class ships were the largest passenger vessels ever in service. The gross weight of Allure of the Seas is 225.3 tons. The ship features a two deck dance halls, a theater with 1,380 seats, an ice skating rink, 7 distinct neighborhoods, and 25 dining options. The ship length is 1181 ft, beam 154 ft, height 236 ft, 18 decks, could draft in 30 ft of water, maximum passenger capacity 6780, and has a maximum speed of 22.6 knots (~ 26 mph).
The ship also comes with free Covid-19, Noro virus, and other bad things. Here ia photo of my local newspaper front page today.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 11.47.57 AM.png

me and my wife have did a 7 day cruise on the Oasis. we have been on several other Royal Caribbean ships

Good on you, and yeah thought it might be a pocket, I have the original (again ! long story) and will start using it more to incorporate into drone video stories.
Mixing ground footage with aerial drone footage gives it more detail flavors. The DJI Pocket is small enough not to be too noticeable while filming. Also the gimbal stabilization is better than most electronic stabilization (to me).

Nice job, really gets me anxious to sail again. Fingers crossed for April. I have been really wanting to go on an oasis class ship just for the experience. We mainly cruise NCL and Celebrity, better half has no interest in a ship that big, so we may do a boys cruise on Allure or Oasis and that'll fix that.

How have you like the pocket 2? I have one but am still sorting it out, have only done a few time-lapses.
Love the DJI Pocket 2. I normally use the closest ND filter with wide angle lens, set to full auto with maxISO 800 and let the camera speed adjust automatically. To have the fix speed with double the frame rate is difficult and cumbersome having to switch ND filters frequently.

Reactions: DRONO
Agreed, horizon stability is excellent . . . and I’m finally working out tilt locking gimbal and holding the camera horizontal low next to you helps stop ‘bobbing’ while walking.
this is what I use with my drone videos:

1641566758533.png

Its nice to see a glimpse of heat and sunshine, and the carribean colored water. After seeing your video I'm ready to take a vacation, I love cruises. Instead I woke up to -23F and snow. You should sell your video to Royal C, for promotional material, well done.

Its nice to see a glimpse of heat and sunshine, and the carribean colored water. After seeing your video I'm ready to take a vacation, I love cruises. Instead I woke up to -23F and snow. You should sell your video to Royal C, for promotional material, well done.
I would have to get Part 107 certified before I could even sell. Thanks for watching the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42