DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost Arrested

Here is an article that appeared on this forum some time ago might find it is relevent to your problem
CAA confirmation that land owners cannot prevent you flying over their land
Thanks for the heads up on this. Ian In London is a favourite of mine, I enjoy his vids but enjoy his dog more :D
It seems from your response that I might have unintentionally broken the rules by flying at around 50m or lower. I was more concerned about the nearby military base. No people around when I did it and didn't fly over the stones.
Thanks again
NG

Knowing us in the UK you will probably find that English Heritage who "run" Stonehenge are allowed to class it as a building.
Interestingly for overseas visitors, Stonehenge is owned by the Crown (possibly the Crown Estates) (HRH Queen Lizzie), managed by English Heritage. The land surrounding it is owned by the National Trust.
NATS Drone Assist has it surrounded by no-fly zones and it is also located on Salisbury plain, which is mostly MoD land.

NATS Drone Assist has it surrounded by no-fly zones and it is also located on Salisbury plain, which is mostly MoD land.

Not quite true, its close to but not IN the no fly zones.
The northern half is in the Larkhill danger area but we do not know if it was active at the time.
So although most of the surrounding area is in the MATZ from Boscombe or the parachute training the little area here is not so provided larkhill is closed, is legal.

(Although the OP was unaware of all the NFZs and certainly didnt call range control to check it would appear that even if by accident, airspace wise, the flight was legal). Its also worth noting that even if it wasn't thats a police/caa matter NOT a jumped up security guard who has no power to do anything EXCEPT notify the police.

Reactions: lippyrich
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard