DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost lost my MPP!

Yes it was probably not a great idea to fly at this time but I was hovering maybe 20 feet up filming an awesome storm moving in with a really cool shelf cloud. Wind all of the sudden gusted real strong so I started to land it right then. I have no idea what happened but I had no control over anything. It started to fly away and changed its mind I suppose because it slowly moved above my utility trailer just barely out of reach. For some storage reason it decided to descend a few more inches and I jumped up and grabbed it. I was shaking like a leaf! I tried shouting it off by the button but it wouldn't shut off. Motors screaming, I got my hand in there and pushed the battery release buttons and had to wiggle it back and forth, left and right until it finally lost connection to the drone. Omg. Whew. Is there any way someone could tell me what happened? What did I do wrong?
I'm attaching The two flight log associated with this crazy experience. No idea why there are two because it was only one flight hovering about 15-20 feet. View attachment 75010View attachment 75011
If something like this ever happens again just know with it in your hand invert it the motors will instantly shut down.

I appreciate that. If only I would've known. The motors were screaming so loud I thought it was gonna pick me up and fly me to Kansas!

Reactions: TiagoDS
Could it have just been trying to regain the original GPS coordinates after the wind blew it off course? The altitude change due to a barometric change when the storm front passed through?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock