DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternative waypoint mapping

but, yes...to be able to create waypoints on a bigger screen would be a big help.

I did find a kind of weird way to accomplish that. Pretty sure it only works on Android, have not tried IOS. I configured TEAMVIEWER on my MAC as remote control for my Samsung S22 ULTRA and was able to use the S22 full screen on my 32" monitor using the mouse. There was some slight lag but not terrible. Of course I am NOT using the RC2 controller but the RCN2 with my phone and tablet.

I used an Apple Ipad with phone with my old Mini2.....I wonder if one could connect to the mini4 with a controller without screen, and access DJI Fly through an Ipad, and lay out the route on that...then if dji could come out with an update that would allow one to transfer it to the RC2 controller, even using a cord...that would be great...being able to see the geography more clearly and not create waypoints by accident would be helpful.....I find that when I am checking all the waypoint parameters, that I inadvertently create a few extras at the end accidently....easy enough to delete, but unless I do catch them....who knows where the trip might end

I used an Apple Ipad with phone with my old Mini2.....I wonder if one could connect to the mini4 with a controller without screen, and access DJI Fly through an Ipad, and lay out the route on that...then if dji could come out with an update that would allow one to transfer it to the RC2 controller, even using a cord...that would be great...being able to see the geography more clearly and not create waypoints by accident would be helpful.....I find that when I am checking all the waypoint parameters, that I inadvertently create a few extras at the end accidently....easy enough to delete, but unless I do catch them....who knows where the trip might end
If you are asking if the RC-N2 (NOT RC-N1) controller (without screen) will work with waypoints on an iPad, then yes. That's why I sold off my RC2 for an RC-N2. I really dislike the RC2 for a LOT of reasons including the tiny screen. lousy res and bad 76yr old eyes. I much preferred to use the iPad mini or Samsung S22Ultra. Not quite as convenient.

I’ve been having a great time flying waypoint missions on my mini Pro 4. I mainly fly through some rocky formations near home. While the flying part is a lot of fun, planning waypoints on the RC2 controller is very tedious because of the small screen.

Is there an alternative way to plan a mission on an IPad, Mac or even a PC?

Thanks everyone
Hello what about exporting to MINI4P a KMZ or CSV file provided by a mission build with Litchi? how to proceed? thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne