DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternative waypoint mapping

orionshooter

Reactions
I’ve been having a great time flying waypoint missions on my mini Pro 4. I mainly fly through some rocky formations near home. While the flying part is a lot of fun, planning waypoints on the RC2 controller is very tedious because of the small screen.

Is there an alternative way to plan a mission on an IPad, Mac or even a PC?

Thanks everyone

I have asked/begged/pleaded with DJI to allow planning/editing waypoints on iPad, then loading to iPhone for execution - no idea if they are receptive. Update rumored for April - fingers crossed 🤞

Thanks for the response. Mapping on the RC2 really sucks.

Reactions: Squidinc
I’ve been having a great time flying waypoint missions on my mini Pro 4. I mainly fly through some rocky formations near home. While the flying part is a lot of fun, planning waypoints on the RC2 controller is very tedious because of the small screen.

Is there an alternative way to plan a mission on an IPad, Mac or even a PC?

Thanks everyone
Yes, try fly.teofly.com
Then you can manually import your mission to your remote control by connecting it to your PC.

Yes, try fly.teofly.com
Then you can manually import your mission to your remote control by connecting it to your PC.
Thanks for the suggestion but …..very strange things happen when I go to
that site. When I hit the “Register” button I get redirected to “teofly bot” which is some kind of telegram service. Very strange indeed.

Reactions: FASTFJR
that site. When I hit the “Register” button I get redirected to “teofly bot” which is some kind of telegram service. Very strange indeed.
Yes, the process is going through a telegram bot to get a registration only and generating a password for account.
You only have to provide your e-mail.

Do you worry, it won't ask you for a credit card number and your PIN ))

image_2024-03-17_024507925.png

This is how it looks for me when I login.

Thanks for the response. Mapping on the RC2 really sucks.
Agree. I find it extremely difficult & frustrating to lock in a setting eg a waypoint altitude with the slider. It’s so sensitive it can take ages to set as when you remove your finger from the number you want it changes! Arghhhhhhhh!

Last edited:
I have found that opening the map up before hitting the waypoints icon helps avoid creating unwanted points when stretching the map out...I also go back and forth between standard and satellite maps .and I have fat fingers, so I use a stylus...I also make sure I have my glasses on ...I only started using the feature fairly recently and I really like it.....but yes...the sliders are not very user friendly, even with a stylus

I did start using a stylus which does help. It’s a pity that such a sensational feature requires an equally cumbersome human interface.

i,m glad all my drones get to use ;itchi it was worked out to do on the PC then automaticly loads it to your device Mr lawrence was planning ahead when he created Litchi , i really like using it when I am searching for whatever!

i,m glad all my drones get to use ;itchi it was worked out to do on the PC then automaticly loads it to your device Mr lawrence was planning ahead when he created Litchi , i really like using it when I am searching for whatever!
Litchi is freaking Awesome. I really miss using it on my older smart controller. The DJI Waypoint simply sucks in comparison. I would be nice if the DJI Waypoints we're a Web App, you could do your flight planning online on a nice big screen save it out and transfer it to the remote

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Litchi is freaking Awesome. I really miss using it on my older smart controller. The DJI Waypoint simply sucks in comparison. I would be nice if the DJI Waypoints we're a Web App, you could do your flight planning online on a nice big screen save it out and transfer it to the remote
Although I have heard of Litchi, I am not sure what it is, although I have learned more about it recently ..... I was afraid of messing up my controller or drone by using it....but, yes...to be able to create waypoints on a bigger screen would be a big help.

Although I have heard of Litchi, I am not sure what it is, although I have learned more about it recently ..... I was afraid of messing up my controller or drone by using it....but, yes...to be able to create waypoints on a bigger screen would be a big help.
LITCHI I believe started off as an alternative App to fly the DJI Drone. They had tracking before DJI done. Their waypoints maps was pretty great. Easy to use because you could do it online then save it out and upload it to either your phone, iPad or older smart controller Litchi for DJI Drones

It was bar far the best $19 I every spent, I think now its $25

LITCHI I believe started off as an alternative App to fly the DJI Drone. They had tracking before DJI done. Their waypoints maps was pretty great. Easy to use because you could do it online then save it out and upload it to either your phone, iPad or older smart controller Litchi for DJI Drones

It was bar far the best $19 I every spent, I think now its $25
Litchi does indeed sound like it was an amazing alternative to DJI Fly. It’s unfortunate but it does not seem likely that DJI will release SDK’s for the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3, so owners of these drones will likely never be able to use Litchi with our drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne