DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude increase.

Tom Huntoon

Reactions
Just got the mav 2 pro yesterday. With the right stick full forward the drone will go from 200 ft. to 350 if I'm going 30 mph. I've had a mavic pro for two years and never had this problem.

Onboard barometer determines altitude. Perhaps the barometer is incorrectly sensing that your altitude is decreasing and thus sending data to raise altitude to compensate.

If I were you I would post the most recent flight log here on the forum so that the data can be examined. This may lead to uncovering if a sensor or sensors is malfunctioning.

Here is a link that will aid you in the process.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Just upload the .dat file to the forum.

Does it always do that, or just this once? There appears to be a sensor problem - the barometer is seeing the altitude increase but the IMU detects a decrease once the speed exceeds 12 m/s:

Graph2.png

The DAT file (FLY061.DAT) might contain enough raw sensor data to figure out what, exactly, is causing the error.

Ahhh, So the IMU data is then sent to be processed and compensation for the
IMU detected altitude decrease causes an increase in altitude. Kinda what I though might be occurring.

Reactions: Tom Huntoon
Thanks, I've been trying to explain to dji support but not having very good results. I'm computer stupid and didn't know how to get the flight records until last night. My mavic pro flew so good from the start I never had to mess around with anything like this. What do you think would be the fix for my mavic 2 ? Yes sar104, every time I give it full stick forward. The other day I ran into a headwind and had to give it more stick and it wouldn't go forward, just up.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've been trying to explain to dji support but not having very good results. I'm computer stupid and didn't know how to get the flight records until last night. My mavic pro flew so good from the start I never had to mess around with anything like this. What do you think would be the fix for my mavic 2 ? Yes sar104, every time I give it full stick forward. The other day I ran into a headwind and had to give it more stick and it wouldn't go forward, just up.

That looks like a faulty IMU. I can take a look at the DAT file for that flight if you can retrieve and post it:

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

I would get that DAT file posted up here so it can be analyzed first and then consider an IMU Calibration as a "hail mary" attempt at trying to resolve the issue. If it is a defective IMU then calibration will not fix it though.

Does this help ? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-18_[17-52-59].txt
    164.9 KB · Views: 3
This is what comes up. Where do I go from here ?
You need to save the FlightRecords folder to your PC and then on your PC go to the FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords folder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02