DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude problems?

Jhun80

Reactions
Any owners having altitude problems? I've seen some online. Hope it can be fix by update. Just ordered mine Saturday.

The thumbnail says it all. Clickbaity video. These people are after views more than anything. I bet somewhere in there is "don't forget to like, subscribe and ring that bell!"

Did the drone crash due to the issue? Was it unsafe? If the pilot noticed something was wrong did they immediately abort the flight? Sorry, not watching a clickbaity video like that. If you're going to post online show some humility and stop begging for views. ?

If the pilot noticed something was wrong and didn't immediately cancel their flight, then I wouldn't trust their opinion on anything drone related. They're just not safe and after views/attention.

Any owners having altitude problems? I've seen some online. Hope it can be fix by update. Just ordered mine Saturday.
Sounds like video guy hasn't flown a drone much before.
This is just the way barometric sensors work.
It's not a problem at all.

Not watching the video - so! My Air2 has "altitude" issues when it can't connect to GPS - hits that magical 98 ft ceiling and STOPS DEAD. Yet, that is a DJI SAFETY FEATURE. Maybe other drone makers do the same - no idea - never bought / flown one other than DJI.

After my Air2 gets enough GPS signals at 98 feet - if it does - then I can zoom to the moon if I wanted. Not really, but you catch my drift; I HOPE.

Not watching the video - so! My Air2 has "altitude" issues when it can't connect to GPS - hits that magical 98 ft ceiling and STOPS DEAD. Yet, that is a DJI SAFETY FEATURE. Maybe other drone makers do the same - no idea - never bought / flown one other than DJI.

After my Air2 gets enough GPS signals at 98 feet - if it does - then I can zoom to the moon if I wanted. Not really, but you catch my drift; I HOPE.
That's explained on p43 of your manual:

Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactived.

That's explained on p43 of your manual:

Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactived.
I'm WELL AWARE of that Meta. Seems the OP was not, nor the moronic Youtuber.

Did they even READ the manual - seems not.

Reactions: Mr Mint
It should not affect the hight of the drone if the barometric is "reset" to 0 at take-off,and if you rth at the same spot the hight should be the same..!
Only my air2s has this problem .. the only one out of 5 dji drones..?
The pic says over 2 meter under ground after a 10 min flight ??Screenshot_20210419-193823.jpeg

It should not affect the hight of the drone if the barometric is "reset" to 0 at take-off,and if you rth at the same spot the hight should be the same..!
The only problem is that some people don't understand how the barometric sensor works to give a measure of height.
A difference of a few metres is common and normal and isn't going to cause any problems.

Reactions: sar104
Only my air2s has this problem .. the only one out of 5 dji drones..?
The pic says over 2 meter under ground after a 10 min flight ??View attachment 127766
tbh i never experienced such a problem on my air 2 ,and its been flown a lot since last june.

I I have a problem with my air 2 because very often when I lower the flight from 120m, the drone suddenly begins to descend at a speed of 0.1m / s and it takes ages and at 27 m it suddenly turns on the landing itself. I was looking at the logs and what surprised me but at a height of 100m vps he showed him that the ground is 0.9m below him .... Changing flight modes doesn't help. Restarting the application also does not work.

Attachments

• IMG_20210602_160537.jpg
    IMG_20210602_160537.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210602_115559.jpg
    IMG_20210602_115559.jpg
    887.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210602_160802.jpg
    IMG_20210602_160802.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210602_160824.jpg
    IMG_20210602_160824.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2021-06-02-11-55-31-699_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-02-11-55-31-699_com.android.chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I I have a problem with my air 2 because very often when I lower the flight from 120m, the drone suddenly begins to descend at a speed of 0.1m / s and it takes ages and at 27 m it suddenly turns on the landing itself. I was looking at the logs and what surprised me but at a height of 100m vps he showed him that the ground is 0.9m below him .... Changing flight modes doesn't help. Restarting the application also does not work.
There's not information in your screenshots to say for sure, but it's possible that there's a problem with your VPS sensors.
Is something partially blocking their downward view?
Recalibrating the VPS sensors might be a good idea.
So would posting a link to an airdata report for a flight that went >20 metres high.

Na zrzutach ekranu nie ma informacji, które można by stwierdzić na pewno, ale możliwe, że wystąpił problem z czujnikami VPS.
Czy coś częściowo blokuje ich widok w dół?
Dobrym pomysłem może być ponowna kalibracja czujników VPS.
Tak samo byłoby umieszczenie linku do raportu danych lotniczych dla lotu, który wzniósł się na wysokość >20 metrów.
Na zrzutach ekranu nie ma informacji, które można by stwierdzić na pewno, ale możliwe, że wystąpił problem z czujnikami VPS.
Czy coś częściowo blokuje ich widok w dół?
Dobrym pomysłem może być ponowna kalibracja czujników VPS.
Tak samo byłoby umieszczenie linku do raportu danych lotniczych dla lotu, który wzniósł się na wysokość >20 metrów.
NNothing blocked vps but I have a feeling that it is working badly. Can you calibrate the vps on the mavic air 2 yourself?

Spójrz na to. Ostrzegam, że czujniki nie były zawilgocone i nie było mgły. Czyste niebo i powietrze.

Spójrz na to. Ostrzegam, że czujniki nie były zawilgocone i nie było mgły. Czyste niebo i powietrze.
Your VPS sensors are not reading height properly for that flight.
It started properly as the drone climbed but as you descended, at around 219 seconds it started to act up.
At a height of 400 ft, VPS was showing 10 ft, 300 ft = 6.9 ft, 200 = 4.3
Speed of descent was affected because VPS was telling the flight controller that it was close above an obstacle.

Was there fog etc to confuse the VPS sensors?
Or was there condensation in the sensors?

chyba wygląda na to, że naprawiłem ten błąd. Zrobiłem ponownie instalację oprogramowania, potem kalibracje czujników oraz kalibracje imu i kompasu i dron leci normalnie już nie zwalnia przy opuszczaniu i nie aktywuje automatycznego lądowania. spójrz na dzienniki

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livewire