DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude too wide message

jeplane

Reactions
The message comes and go quickly, so I don't remember word for word what it says exactly...

But, what does the message " Altitude too wide. Onboard sensors unavailable" means?

Thanks

It means that the altitude of your drone is too high for the collision senors to work.

Thanks guys!

It's "attitude" not altitude. It means that due to the winds, the drone is having to fly at an excessive angle.

I get that message sometimes, usually when I'm over 300'. So, because the drone if flying at an "excessive angle" it automatically turns off all obstacle avoidance? Why?

Just watch the video.

This looks like something that ONLY applies to Mavic Air - Yes ???
In regard to something said in the video (post #3 above), Is it only the case that the Mavic Pro will be slow into the headwind with its sensors still on - IF - it's not in Sport Mode?
i.e. If I switch to sport mode [which I believe turns the front sensors off], does that overcome Mav's reluctance to go head-down and put some speed on to push through the head-wind??

Good question.... That give me something else to check out on my next flight

I get that message sometimes, usually when I'm over 300'. So, because the drone if flying at an "excessive angle" it automatically turns off all obstacle avoidance? Why?

The message is to let you know that the sensors might not function (correctly). If they are pointing down, they are not going to sense what is front of the drone (so they won't work... as intended).

I get this warning every time I fly the drone backwards. it never used to happen before the drone was repaired.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf