DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude zone warning

Davidmito

Reactions
Hi all, since yesterday was such a nice day I decided to go for a blast out on my bike and bring my MM with me. I went to a Viaduct and some waterfalls to get some nice photo's and footage however the DJI app stated I was in an altitude zone, I checked it out on the fly zones and it did not show the area as one of these zones. I was only able to get approx 65ft before getting the altitude warning. When I have checked the app again today here at work, it once again states i'm in an altitude zone, i have flown here dozens of times before with out this issue. Any idea's?20200525_170903.jpg

Reactions: Mercury1969
You could verify in DJI Fly Safe website for that location to see what is causing the limit. Unless it is a temporary flight restriction, i dont believe the website captures those.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I have checked the website - nothing in my area to cause a limit. I also tried using fake gps. I am currently in the UK - tried in USA etc and DJI Fly still states im in an altitude zone.

This was the message is was getting at 29m - I have never had it ask me to log in before. I have checked the app and it has me logged in with my user details but still states me as being in an altitude zone.

Screenshot_20200526-142638.jpgScreenshot_20200526-142559.jpg

This was the message is was getting at 29m - I have never had it ask me to log in before. I have checked the app and it has me logged in with my user details but still states me as being in an altitude zone.

View attachment 102551View attachment 102550

DJI Fly limits your altitude (regardless of your location) if you aren't logged in. I suggest logging out and logging back in to see if that clears up the problem for you.

DJI Fly limits your altitude (regardless of your location) if you aren't logged in. I suggest logging out and logging back in to see if that clears up the problem for you.

Already tried that, did not resolve the issue.

Yes, tried that also. I have email DJI so just waiting to hear a response from them.

Ah, the only other thing I can think of is trying to factory reset the Mavic Mini itself, if that's possible. Hopefully DJI has some helpful advice for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato