DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

altitude

That's not my picture, and the person who screen capped it also patches the Go app to fix the height rollover bug.

The Russian guy is using 7038 props and could likely improve with higher pitch and larger diameter.

1045 front and 8745 rears will generate plenty of lift in thin air.View attachment 74183

Oh, is that such simple? Just taking another props, a little mod of the software. Genius, suddenly all problems of energy are solved.
Do you really think that those changements are elevating the energy to go to 10000m. You are welcome in the church of the never ending electricity. May be the Russians patched the program that the drone is attiring lightnings to "refuel" the battery?

Stock battery is only good for 6.5km. A single external will get 10km+
Csviewer will graph watt seconds per vertical meter and is essential for fine tuning the most out of any setup.
Oh, is that such simple? Just taking another props, a little mod of the software. Genius, suddenly all problems of energy are solved.
Do you really think that those changements are elevating the energy to go to 10000m. You are welcome in the church of the never ending electricity. May be the Russians patched the program that the drone is attiring lightnings to "refuel" the battery?

Csviewer will graph watt seconds per vertical meter and is essential for fine tuning the most out of any setup.
Sorry but your picture is showing us the normal DJI stock battery. May there is believing still reaching it?

It is becoming more and more unbelievible. The battery from the exterieur is the original DJI. But listen, eh, I made a software mod of it and now I doubled the capacity, no, I tripled it. Go on, explain that fairy tale...
I repeat, the clip with the MP going up to about 5000 is true, the clip from Russia is fake. The limit for the Mavic Pro is about 5000 meters, the limit for a real helicopter is near 13000m.
You can modify the battery of the MP by using DJI assistent. There are some (for modders very important) points you can change. But, dear lolo780, what I am missing is that little but most important possibility to double or triple the capacity. Oups!
But if you have found it you can make a fortune out of it because that is it what the whole world is looking for. Congrats then!
I will not explain you how to influence the flight behavior with that mod. But since I use this mod for some of my flights myself I can asure you I know what I am speaking of...
And another remark: You wrote stock batteries are only good for 6.5km. You are talking of the distance not of altitude maybe. You showed yourself the clip of that altitude record of 5000 and some meters. It was a highly modified flight. Have you looked what was left in the battery at the end of this flight? Do You really believe that would take another thousand meters?

Last edited:
Oh, Lolo780, no answers left to illuminate my humble basic knowledge of life in general and specificly this of drones ? ...

A stock M1 battery will go over 9.3km x 2 horizontally.

How high a flea can jump? Well, a hundred times it's own seize...
But that was not the question or answer in doubt and so were you...

You have the possibility in DJI assistant to change the battery type from DJI original to a non DJI origin battery. If you do so you can influence for example if the MP will RTH at 10% of resting capacity or if the MP will be forced to land at only 2% of capacity. In this way you are able to use the battery to its limits but pay attention! You must be aware of the shrinking security you have and if you do so battery life ends earlier than normal.
And you can't double or triple the capacity of the battery as that gullible lolli780 is believing.

You have the possibility in DJI assistant to change the battery type from DJI original to a non DJI origin battery. If you do so you can influence for example if the MP will RTH at 10% of resting capacity or if the MP will be forced to land at only 2% of capacity. In this way you are able to use the battery to its limits but pay attention! You must be aware of the shrinking security you have and if you do so battery life ends earlier than normal.
And you can't double or triple the capacity of the battery as that gullible lolli780 is believing.

Ohhh I see. makes sense. Thank you . I was wondering.

Set battery_type to 3 in Assistant. Works for all DJI that I fly from Spark to Inspire 2. Have not tried on the Air.

Use the adjustaltitude patch to fix the 3276.8m rollover bug.
What does setting the battery type to 3 do and what's the altitude patch? What happens when you reach 3278.8 Rollover bug? Sorry for the troubles.

Battery type 3 gets rid of auto landing and all other smart battery functions, but will retain battery % display (not a Mavic problem)

P4P/A will lose battery % with type 2, non-DJI. M2s will not auto shut off even when powered up on the ground. It will run the battery into a brick.

At 3276.8m the height switches negative and counts back to zero. At 6553.6m it will count up from zero again and flip at 9830m.
What does setting the battery type to 3 do and what's the altitude patch? What happens when you reach 3278.8 Rollover bug? Sorry for the troubles.

So if I change it it will no longer display the percent? For example "90%" instead it will only show "%"? Or it still will?
Battery type 3 gets rid of auto landing and all other smart battery functions, but will retain battery % display (not a Mavic problem)

P4P/A will lose battery % with type 2, non-DJI. M2s will not auto shut off even when powered up on the ground. It will run the battery into a brick.

At 3276.8m the height switches negative and counts back to zero. At 6553.6m it will count up from zero again and flip at 9830m.

So let me ask you this. If I use dji assistant and modify the mavic battery type to 3 on my mavic 2 pro, do I still need to patch it with the link you provided or is that for other drones?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54