DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

altitude

Sandino

Reactions
does anyone have an almost exact or exact altitude the mavic pro can do in city

does anyone have an almost exact or exact altitude the mavic pro can do in city

As in legally or physically possible? Legally depends on your country this is one you should really know already ?. 400 feet is the typical legal cut off though. That’s plenty high.

The Mavic Pro stock has a software limit of 500m above the take off point. However, if modifying the software limits the max service ceiling is 5000 meters above sea level. I really doubt there are many places you could take off from, reach that height, and then make it down on one battery though.

Short answer higher then you would want or should go

i know but it was an accident the thing just flew away when i got my readings back it saind like 12 or 14 hundred ft

for realz the thing one day just took off on me in mid flight i couldnt see the whole time it was up or hear it yhen all of a sudden i start to hear it and it landed itself exactly where it took off the battery beeper was going ballistic thing landed with like 3%

i know but it was an accident the thing just flew away when i got my readings back it saind like 12 or 14 hundred ft
for realz the thing one day just took off on me in mid flight i couldnt see the whole time it was up or hear it yhen all of a sudden i start to hear it and it landed itself exactly where it took off the battery beeper was going ballistic thing landed with like 3%
It just took off and went for a ride past 1000 ft??
All on its own??
I'd be very curious to know how that might be possible - it sounds quite unlikely.

well take it how you want it champ i aint making this **** up i know wtf happened and saw it was in silverlake los angeles

That sounds like RTH kicked in midflight.
Maybe RTH height set to max 500m.
At some point SmartBattery RTH took over and landed the AC.

That's a guess - Logs would shed some light on that ...

i got the logs this thing went way over a mile a way im sitting there bitting my nails sweating while my backend is in a pucker because God forbid the thing falls out of the sky into someone

i got the logs this thing went way over a mile a way im sitting there bitting my nails sweating while my backend is in a pucker because God forbid the thing falls out of the sky into someone
How about sharing those logs so we can see what happened?

heres this part see where it says top altitude

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190520-013442.jpg
    Screenshot_20190520-013442.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 177
now other than that unless im required to reveal anymore then im not doing like i said before pull the stuff out your ears to all you doubtfuls the thing just flew away that day tske it or leave believe or dont

now other than that unless im required to reveal anymore then im not doing like i said before pull the stuff out your ears to all you doubtfuls the thing just flew away that day tske it or leave believe or dont

Right, I think you would know if you kept your finger on the joystick or not. These drones are not perfect i.e. mavic air battery 0% auto land. However, a lot of people tend to have doubt because the human factor error is fairly higher then equipment errors. I just glad you got your drone back and no one hurt.

I know you think it does but that doesn't show your drone flying up 1200 or 1500 feet at all.
I'm more doubtful than I was before and I can't imagine what would cause the drone to climb away as you think it did.
If you show me your actual recorded flight data we can find out what really happened.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

iXdId7L.jpg

This is close the the maximum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi