DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

always calibrating

This topic has been discussed numerous times before. Why don't you people do some search in the forum and find the answers you need before starting a new thread?

As for the above posters, I'm traveling thousands of miles across the globe frequently and have always flown with no issues, despite never calibrating once and using both manual and RTH or intelligent flight modes. This is enough evidence for me to believe that the Mavic does not need a fresh calibration unless genuinely prompted.

Indeed. As discussed before, many times; if you calibrate when prompted, but monitor your sensors before flights (as you bloody well should, along with the rest of your preflight), your sensors will be fine.

If you make a recalibration one of your mandatory preflight steps, you exponentially raise the risk of a bad calibration (either due to fault or location) - if you calibrate your drone without checking whether that particle accelerator buried beneath you is affecting your drone's compasses, you might as well fly blind.

Reactions: mikeGR
I've done some experiments with my P3 where I attempted to obtain a bad calibration. It's very difficult to do. Basically, the P3 is smart enough to know when a calibration should be rejected. I did manage to obtain a bad calibration by attaching an allen wrench close to the magnetometers. Removing the allen wrench then yielded a P3 with a bad calibration. I suspect the same is true of the Mavic and all the other post P3 DJI drones.

AFAIK there has never been a case, with data or some compelling reasons, where a bad calibration has resulted from some mistake during the calibration procedure. I.e., excepting where a trick was used like I described.

This topic has been discussed numerous times before. Why don't you people do some search in the forum and find the answers you need before starting a new thread?

As for the above posters, I'm traveling thousands of miles across the globe frequently and have always flown with no issues, despite never calibrating once and using both manual and RTH or intelligent flight modes. This is enough evidence for me to believe that the Mavic does not need a fresh calibration unless genuinely prompted.

Agreed. I have used it in different countries and never once calibrated my mavic either.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo