DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always play it safe....

Stilly

Reactions
Hi Everyone,
I was flying my Mavic in Cape Cod a few months ago and suddenly it fell from the sky at 400 feet. I was in GPS mode and there was no warning. It fell in a neighbor's field and I sent the broken parts back to DJI. After 2 weeks of analysis, they reported that it was "software error" and sent me a new drone free of charge. Now, I never fly my drone over roads and try to keep it over forests or open water as these drones can fail at any time. I'm surprised we haven't heard of more "software errors" causing injuries when drones are flown in populated areas. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,
Stilly

Reactions: McDony
Good advice. I only fly over trees, or water. To many things have happen to me.

I think, if not illegal at lest not advised to fly over roads or people. But if you are worried about it dropping out of the sky, I wouldn't fly over water either. DJI won't replace a bird that they can not see.

Hi Everyone,
I was flying my Mavic in Cape Cod a few months ago and suddenly it fell from the sky at 400 feet. I was in GPS mode and there was no warning. It fell in a neighbor's field and I sent the broken parts back to DJI. After 2 weeks of analysis, they reported that it was "software error" and sent me a new drone free of charge. Now, I never fly my drone over roads and try to keep it over forests or open water as these drones can fail at any time. I'm surprised we haven't heard of more "software errors" causing injuries when drones are flown in populated areas. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,
Stilly

I was wondering if they sent you a brand new unit or a refurb..?!

I think the OP is trying to say $hit happens. The odds go up when you fly over people, or roads. In a case like that the lost of the drone is minor. I would not like to be the one to cause an accident. My guess is you wouldn't have any money to buy a drone after that. I have plenty of open space, but if I didn't I might take my chances and do it. But, it wouldn't be as much fun. As long as you know the risk, go for it. Just don't plead stupid, because people will believe you. :D

If I crash a drone into the water, it'll be sad, but all I lost is a drone. If I crash a drone into the road and cause an accident, I just lost my drone and car and house............!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan