DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I Just Paranoid or What?!

Lastly I have added a Firehouse strobe to the right rear leg extender facing to the right side. Once it is at 150 ft., if I still cannot spot it, I execute a 360 degree yaw and watch for the strobe. This strobe can easily be see up to 2 miles out. When I can see this strobe I know that it is facing to the right. People will tell you to just look at the map and the arrow, but when my video froze on 2 occasions the map display was of no use whatsoever, so the trick with the strobe was far better for getting my orientation.

Excellent advice!

The Firehouse strobes are a no-brainer. The MA is difficult to spot when you get beyond 300 or 400 feet, regardless of which color you got. I bought the 4 LED version, white for the top, and red for the bottom - I got the white first, and liked it so much I got the red as well. I don’t know of anything you can put on an MA that comes close. I’ve never flown it in total darkness, but considering that the biggest factor in making it hard to see in daylight is the bright background, I don’t know how you could NOT see it at night, especially the alternating colors.

Reactions: Dragon2650
It's not paranoia, it's called common sense and caution, they both go a long way into NOT losing the drone or crashing it.

Reactions: Dragon2650
Excellent advice!

The Firehouse strobes are a no-brainer. The MA is difficult to spot when you get beyond 300 or 400 feet, regardless of which color you got. I bought the 4 LED version, white for the top, and red for the bottom - I got the white first, and liked it so much I got the red as well. I don’t know of anything you can put on an MA that comes close. I’ve never flown it in total darkness, but considering that the biggest factor in making it hard to see in daylight is the bright background, I don’t know how you could NOT see it at night, especially the alternating colors.

I did the same and WOW! What a difference! Especially when filming late evening sunsets! The red & White strobes really help above 200ft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada