DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I OK to fly here?

twickers14

Reactions
Hi all. With trip to Naples FL imminent I was perusing the B4UFLY app and entered an area as per the attached. I think I’m good to go from here yes-subject to basic safety rules of height, buildings and people? I have of course got TRUST and FAA Registration. Obviously if I were a few miles South nearer Naples Municipal I would go for LAANC. Would value your feedback.
E21BE5BA-A20B-4808-96E3-05DD865766F1.png

Play some golf at Tiburon while you are at it, nice course. Very challenging around the greens, lots of different ways to play shots.

Class D Airspace ?
No, the area the OP proposes to fly in is Class G. The exact location is in the original post, centered on Tiburon Golf Club, about 4mi. North of the regulated airspace.

The OP also notes:
…Obviously if I were a few miles South nearer Naples Municipal I would go for LAANC. …
Why not read the thread @B52-D? Lots of relevant information there.

@twickers14 one may trust the B4UFLY app in the USA, though careful flyers often check their favorite LAANC app and DJI’s FlySafe maps as well for any backup information… like just how close is that regulated airspace, does DJI have a special zone there that isn’t represented in FAA mapping, etc.

Last edited:
Play some golf at Tiburon while you are at it, nice course. Very challenging around the greens, lots of different ways to play shots.
Our favourite room overlooks the 18th but I don’t play golf-mad I know. We love the place though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR