DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Put My Phone Into Airplane Mode?

I have never done it and have about 50 hours of flight time.....

Sure I have had a few disconnects at long distances etc and a few app crashes... but still... Just wonder if I'm in the minority here.

Also with a mini and a air 2 flying on a Android s8, s20 ultra and a work iPhone 8 I have only been exposed to the fly app...

I used to when I thought it caused connection issues. But I later found out it doesn't really seem to. However, on set, just to be sure, all iPads and iPhones go into Airplane mode.

D

Reactions: VenomXts
Prior to switching to my non cellular iPad mini for flying I used to but then started just turning off WiF. Perhaps switching to airplane mode does a similar function.

I set DND on iPhone. However, DND is useless by default if you're using your phone (unlocked) - calls will come through. You have to go to Settings to disable calls and notifications from coming through when you turn on DND and still using your phone.

I have never put my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra into Airplane or any previous phone either for that matter. Frankly, when I am flying, I don't really care if anyone calls -

I use my ipad mini now but when I used the phone I didn't and did have a call once and it started RTH function which I canceled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome