DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon fire tablet

Hava flyer

Reactions
Has anyone used Amazon fire 7 or 8 with controller? My Asus isn't compatible with DPI app. Thanks

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
  • Haha
Reactions: kidroc
If I were you, I’d email myself the link above and open the email on the fire. Go to settings and click on the option to allow files from other sources. Ignore the security warnings. Then go to your email and open it. Click on each file in order and download and install each one before going to the next one. When all 4 have been installed, restart the fire. Download your new Apps from google play, not the Amazon App Store.

Reactions: charliej
If I were you, I’d email myself the link above and open the email on the fire. Go to settings and click on the option to allow files from other sources. Ignore the security warnings. Then go to your email and open it. Click on each file in order and download and install each one before going to the next one. When all 4 have been installed, restart the fire. Download your new Apps from google play, not the Amazon App Store.
Thank you.

Thanks so much - all downloaded - not that difficult and though I have not connected the MPP yet the DJI Go 4 app all installed and working.
Now the next step!

Thanks so much - all downloaded - not that difficult and though I have not connected the MPP yet the DJI Go 4 app all installed and working.
Now the next step!
back again all well except ,GO4 will not recognise Fire HD 8 location even when switched on. Any ideas?

I fly a Mavic Air. Is the Go4 app recognizing the type drone that you are flying? Is your controller properly connected to the fire?

I fly a Mavic Air. Is the Go4 app recognizing the type drone that you are flying? Is your controller properly connected to the fire?
No everything works perfectly except GO4 can not use the location on the Fire. The map does so its working. Might re-publish on forum and see if anyone wlse has problem

I’m sorry, I cannot understand what you mean when you say the app cannot use the location on the fire. On the DJI Go4 app does it show the drones camera display on the fire, and does it show the location of the drone on the map inset? The fire tablet does not have GPS capability, but it is not required.

I’m sorry, I cannot understand what you mean when you say the app cannot use the location on the fire. On the DJI Go4 app does it show the drones camera display on the fire, and does it show the location of the drone on the map inset? The fire tablet does not have GPS capability, but it is not required.
Gadawg. Can not thank you enough. I was just being impatient. Have not yet taken of - weather grotty - but everything now seems ready to 'go'. No longer getting the 'switch on location' message and map with Home Point all as it should be.
Only question now,though I have done some research, is which holder do you recommend for the Fire?
Again thank yo for your time.

The holder just reads “For Mavic”. In the collapsed position the holder measures about 5 inches. This presented a problem for the fire 7 as the tablet also measures about 5 inches. Therefore the fire had to be placed on the holder lengthways to get a firm hold. The fire’s power port, on/off button and +/- volume controls are all on top edge of the fire. This causes another problem because the clamps on the holder interfere with the buttons on the fire. Hope the Fire 8 works better for you, as the tablet really needs to be clamped on sides.

The holder just reads “For Mavic”. In the collapsed position the holder measures about 5 inches. This presented a problem for the fire 7 as the tablet also measures about 5 inches. Therefore the fire had to be placed on the holder lengthways to get a firm hold. The fire’s power port, on/off button and +/- volume controls are all on top edge of the fire. This causes another problem because the clamps on the holder interfere with the buttons on the fire. Hope the Fire 8 works better for you, as the tablet really needs to be clamped on sides.
I'll let you know! One arriving tomorrow. I have one that goes in the claws but that blocks the RC. I only hope the one to fit the back does not interfere with the antennas.

I have a 2016 Fire HD8 that I have used for about a year now with my Mavic Pro 1. No issues whatsoever. Had to sideload the Google play store to get the DJI Go4 app. A lot of people on here will tell you the tablet is not strong enough but it works fine for me. No lag, no disconnects. I also use an iPad mini 2 when not using the Fire.

Reactions: charliej
I have a 2016 Fire HD8 that I have used for about a year now with my Mavic Pro 1. No issues whatsoever. Had to sideload the Google play store to get the DJI Go4 app. A lot of people on here will tell you the tablet is not strong enough but it works fine for me. No lag, no disconnects. I also use an iPad mini 2 when not using the Fire.
Winds gone - sun is out - off to give the Fire its first proper test - fingers crossed!

Winds gone - sun is out - off to give the Fire its first proper test - fingers crossed!
Couple of hours flying. All well until I kept getting 'strong remote controller interference' warnings and videos saved as Jan 1970! Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54