DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An odd behavior with the gimbal dial...

hedbonker

Reactions
Took a flight today to run a test. Same location I have flown from many, many times. Got the drone up to about 200' AGL and tried to adjust the gimbal angle with the dial but nothing happened. The video feed seemed OK but it was unresponsive with the gimbal. Then after a minute or so it was like the drone caught up and did a number of gimbal adjustments in succession very quickly that mirrored what I had tried with the dial. After that point, it worked fine.

Anyone else seen anything like that? Should I return the drone for replacement? I have had it since last Wed...

I went through. the log in detail and saw nothing. No errors of any kind reported. Altho it said 67% Battery at maximum distance when the drone was at 104' agl and about 125' away from me which seems kind of odd.

Took a flight today to run a test. Same location I have flown from many, many times. Got the drone up to about 200' AGL and tried to adjust the gimbal angle with the dial but nothing happened. The video feed seemed OK but it was unresponsive with the gimbal. Then after a minute or so it was like the drone caught up and did a number of gimbal adjustments in succession very quickly that mirrored what I had tried with the dial. After that point, it worked fine.

Anyone else seen anything like that? Should I return the drone for replacement? I have had it since last Wed...

If you were within close range where the control signal was strong, unblocked, and interference free, and not flying directly overhead, then I would return it. The behavior you are describing is normally only encountered when the control signal gets very weak, close to being lost completely, and DJI prioritizes the drone control over the camera control with the weak signal. When full signal strength is restored, the gimbal and camera controls are then sent in series, exactly as you described.

If you were flying directly overhead, and did not point the remote up, that might also explain this behavior. When flying overhead, you need to tilt the remote up, vertically to have the antennas facing it for strongest signal.

If you were within close range where the control signal was strong, unblocked, and interference free, and not flying directly overhead, then I would return it. The behavior you are describing is normally only encountered when the control signal gets very weak, close to being lost completely, and DJI prioritizes the drone control over the camera control with the weak signal. When full signal strength is restored, the gimbal and camera controls are then sent in series, exactly as you described.

If you were flying directly overhead, and did not point the remote up, that might also explain this behavior. When flying overhead, you need to tilt the remote up, vertically to have the antennas facing it for strongest signal.
I am going to re-test it today and see what I get.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1