DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And it was all going so well ...

Anthony

Reactions
I abandoned my planned flying today.

Did what has become my normal pre flight checks drone, controller settings, GPS and mobile settings.

So once i was happy with everything with the drone idling on my landing pad i took off straight up to 10 meters with a 5 second hold then i fly away to about 20 meters away then fly back to above my take off point then if all is stable off i go only today all did not go as expected ..

When i returned to my take off point my phone lost connection to the RC so i immediately began to land my drone manually the drone came down to about 1 meter and halted and at this point the rc displayed take off on the screen and lost connection to the drone at this point the mavic gained altitude to about 15 meters and started flying away from me with no stick input from me at all. The RC was still disconnected from the Mavic and at no time displayed reconnecting so i did the only thing that made sense to me at the time and powered down the Rc ....

I thenunplugged my mobile phone from the RC and powered beck on at the point i got a connecting message and the RC connected i then flew the Mavic back via the RC only as i could still see it although it was almost beyond my line of sight.

As a new quad pilot ( not new to RC ) this does knock your product confidence some what.

I am on the latest firmware and the latest Andriod DJI GO4....

I will have to take a look at it again in a few days when i have more time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Scary! It's good you had visual contact, but if you didn't, hopefully the RTH function should have worked if it had reconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Lee Hughes
I really don't like reading these kinds of stories. I guess we should not expect perfection from something made in China. :eek:

If the phone is misbehaving, I think the best option is to disconnect it from the controller, since the Mavic can be flown with the controller only.
If things are still getting out of hand I would probably switch off the controller so Failsafe RTH can kick in, in the absence of a signal from the controller for more than 3 seconds.
I understand this is easier to say than do as switching off the controller takes some guts.

MK

The Auto RTH does work i have tested this at least 4 times fter firmware updates by turning off the RC ... i am assuming this was cased by my mobile phone as this was my first flight since the GO4 latest update....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Ok so i couldn't wait so before it was to dark i did a quick 10 min flight. .. i repeated my now normal pre flight :) and no disconnection and the flight was fine ....

:)

Reactions: Wacker2611
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint