DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Ipad 4 replacement

Quote"You took us off track with this dodgey fat useless and over priced device when the OP asked for ipad replacement in android flavor".
Intelligent: Have you read what you wrote
All these Intelligent people writing reviews about the CS, can you forward the hyperlinks because clearly I wasn't intelligent enough to come to the same above conclusion after the reviews I read and my first hand experience
You should take some prozac man

Reactions: ElPocho
Hi guys, on topic, I use both an iPad mini and a Oneplus 3T with Nougat, and alternate between them depending on the screen size I want to work with. The 3T is not only a great, great phone, but I have not had a single problem with it controlling the Mavic in 70 flights since January. Use DJI Go 4 on it.

Cool-aid check.. the iPads are not immune to issues, I've had "CPU overloaded" issues show up on my iPad Mini 3 so I actually ended up going back to Android pretty often.. so it's not all puppies and rainbows in the iOS world either.

Your Ipad Mini 3 is basically a Ipad mini 2 and and just doesn't have enough CPU for the CPU hungry Go 4 app. I have a Mini 4 and that gets a workout. I've always been an android guy but I had to hold my nose and get Ipads. I have to admit they do work better

Very interesting, but, I;m still looking for an android tablet to dedicate to my Mavic pro, other than my daily Samsung 6 phone, which works great but is way to small for these tired eyes.
I;ve tried my- Assus Zen pad, lag of 2 minutes at least
My Lenovo tablet- to big for holder as is my Shield which is dedicated to my P3A & works perfectly
I guess I could find some kind of Shield holder, for the Mav?
OR, a fellow swears the Ascer iconia one (with med tek processor) is the bomb & at 100 odd bucks sounds like a plan but still trying to find one.
I just can't enjoy flying the Mavic using a phone, So I;m following with much interest

Maybe I'm just lucky but my Nexus 7 II works just fine. I have no lag and, knock on wood, I haven't had any app crashes. I'm still on the .400 firmware if that makes a difference.

The 10.5 inch iPad Pro is the same size essentially as the 9.7 inch iPad and has more processing power than many laptops, very fast graphics, bright display (120 Hz), less reflective screen and is a great lightweight option:

iPad Pro

Good prices on most of the lineup too:

Refurbished iPad

Reactions: ElPocho
aarrh the true American answer to everything, prescribe some mind altering drugs.

Now you are really making a fool of yourself
Im certainly not an American and for a guy as intelligent as your self you should have been able to figure that out for yourself. Mind you you are from Tasmania

I think this guy sums it up:

"All it means is that what we think of today as "Android" - a Linux kernel with libraries, the Android Runtime, and so on on top - has served its hackjob, we-need-to-compete purpose and is going to go away."

"Android in its current form suffers from several key architectural problems - it's not nearly as resource-efficient as, say, iOS, has consistent update problems, and despite hefty hardware, still suffers from the occasional performance problems, among other things - that Google clearly hasn't been able to solve."

Android is a dead end

Reactions: ElPocho and newguy

There are many people on here that are using some Z shaped clips that snap right into the mavic controller and will hold your K1. There are a few members on here that 3D printed them and if u pm them I am sure they would hook u up.

Agree with you all, IOS works better, period (my opinion). I just went through the Android dance with a Tab S 8.4. Multiple custom roms and all factory versions 5-7. Nothing seemed to work without jitters, screen blackouts, and lag. Was hoping to get similar performance that I have been getting on my Note 5 (loyal Note user since 2011) which has been working flawless but I wanted a dedicated tablet. For $354 on Amazon Prime I got the iPad Mini 4 128 GB. Its been incredible; no issues and an immediate difference. I don't think there are many comparable tablets around that price either. It will most likely be the only Apple product I buy for now and is only used for flying.

Reactions: newguy
You apple guys are some overly-sensitive and persistent fellows. The OP asked for recommendations for an Android alternative to the ipad. So far he's gotten 2 good suggestions and about 20 people questioning his sanity and telling him to stay with ipad. Get over yourselves.
What's new? The elitism of the "Fruity Fanboys" knock Android in every forum on the net. It's like the fruit company has some kind of hypnotic suggestion built in that causes them to go on a fruity crusade against any other computer system invented (or will ever be invented). The best thing to do is ignore their prattle and chalk it up to needing medical help in getting deprogrammed. It is one of the main reasons I will never buy a fruity product.

Man you gotta love this argument Android versus IOS
Ironically DJI chose an android platform for there dedicated Crystal sky
They clearly have faith in it. I am an IOS man just because that is the route i choose to take,but despite that fact i am successfully running a 5.5 inch crystal sky on my spark Mavic and inspire 2

My Lenovo tablet- to big for holder as is my Shield which is dedicated to my P3A & works perfectly
OR, a fellow swears the Acer Iconia one (with med tek processor) is the bomb & at 100 odd bucks sounds like a plan but still trying to find one.
I just can't enjoy flying the Mavic using a phone
I didn't like the "feel" of having the Note 4 or the Shield K1 forced into the Mavic bracket so I just used strips of Velcro both on top of the Mavic brackets and the bottom of the devices in a position that felt better and the Velcro holds great.
But I finally bought the MavMount device for holding both and extremely happy with that as it fixes the balance issue. The MavMount also has come out with the attachment for the CrystalSky.
BTW I the last time I checked (within a week) the K1 was available for purchase on the Nvidia Web site. Others have said they weren't making any more of them because they were out of stock everywhere so they either found a lost batch or factory is back into production.

You may be perusing but you are not really reading or understanding anything because of your apple bias. In many other threads and several times in this thread, the Galaxy S2 T710 has been reported as better in most ways than the ipad. Stable on GO4 and the current firmware, fits perfectly into the controller, lighter, thinner, brighter and less expensive than the ipad. You can revert to older firmware, root it, sideload apks, anything you want to do. None of which you can do with the ipad. I've been flying with my S2 for 6 months problem-free.
What version firmware are you using? I use an S2 as well but on my last 2 of 4 flights the Go4 app crashed. Basically my screen went black and then displayed my home screen, it was also lost it's connection to the RC. Thankfully the RC continued having control of my MP. I just updated the firmware to version 4.1.22 from the previous version. The interesting thing ours that the app not only crashed during flight but also when I had my tablet, RC and my MP all up and running but not flying. I was simply watching my flight history on the map display and the Go4 app crashed twice. The app crashes intermittently and I have not been able to determine the cause. Hopefully the version you're running is an earlier version to the last two latest versions, if it is I'll try installing it to see if it fixes my problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard