DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android issues

Shay

Reactions
New user here, Mavic Mini Fly More. I'm using a Galaxy S10+ and it won't connect to the RC. Everything is updated, latest version of DJI Fly. It's on the list of compatibles, but no go.
Am I looking at a return and refund here or is there a solution?

Not an Android user but seems to be 3 I know new threads
on Android issues loading the Fly App. Guess the right members are not on at the moment to give you guys the cure.Give it a little time and sure someone will help you.
Im IOS and have had 0 issues. New update working great.

I use both ios and android, the most common fault with connection issues is that the cable from the controller to the device is not in properly or damages
the first thing to do is check the cable is in on both the controller and device
second try a different cable if you have one
and try it if it will connect without putting it in the device holder part
this may help to get rid some of the possible problems

In "Options" menu, do you have "Developer" option (About phone - press 7 times - Developer mode active)? Do you have "Developer options" - "USB Debugging" enabled? Have you given DJI Fly all the permissions it needs to run? What error messages are you receiving when trying to connect, if any? Btw, I don't have Mini, but I'm guessing the principle is the same... Somebody please correct me if needed.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
All permissions granted, cord to connect is brand new, in the RC holder and out of it. I'm not receiving any error messages because the phone just doesn't connect. In searching the web, there are a lot of Samsung users who now have an expensive paperweight because their phones don't connect even though they're supposed to. I emailed support and they said they'd have to find someone to help me.
Looks like a return and refund, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to getting into this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200403-073726.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-073726.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200403-073128_Permission controller.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-073128_Permission controller.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 19
Not an Android user but seems to be 3 I know new threads
on Android issues loading the Fly App. Guess the right members are not on at the moment to give you guys the cure.Give it a little time and sure someone will help you.
Im IOS and have had 0 issues. New update working great.

Is it worth it to buy a cheap iPhone?

Is it worth it to buy a cheap iPhone?
Some have no issues with other phones i'm just a Apple person and think that these apps work better on ios but thats up to you. Android folks and IOS folks tend to disagree which is better but from what i have seen over the years IOS seems to work with DJI apps the best.
JMO

If the phone isn't even showing that it is slow charging, then you have a cable or RC issue.
If I could get mavic to respond to me with something other than "please use a different device", I might be able to troubleshoot it.

What continent are you on?

Some Samsung devices use different processors in different markets despite having the same model name.
It's entirely possible that an S10+ that was manufactured for the North American market with a Qualcomm processor would work fine while an S10+ that was made for Europe with an Exynos processor wouldn't.

Reactions: Meta4
What continent are you on?

Some Samsung devices use different processors in different markets despite having the same model name.
It's entirely possible that an S10+ that was manufactured for the North American market with a Qualcomm processor would work fine while an S10+ that was made for Europe with an Exynos processor wouldn't.
North America.

Does the phone connect and transfer data when connect via USB to a laptop? Is the USB port on the phone set to charge only or no data mode?

There are several threads mentioning issues with Android 10 and DJI Fly app. What version of Fly App do you have? 1.0.8? maybe uninstall and try to install 1.0.7, you can find it on any serious APK download site. Need to have DevMode active to install APK.

Reactions: Shay
Does the phone connect and transfer data when connect via USB to a laptop? Is the USB port on the phone set to charge only or no data mode?
Yes, I have no problem connecting the phone and transferring data to and from.
I'm looking at apple products for a dedicated phone/tablet to use.

Yes, I have no problem connecting the phone and transferring data to and from.
I'm looking at apple products for a dedicated phone/tablet to use.
Makes sense. If you change your mind take a look at the pixel line of phones. My pixel 3 runs dji fly and go really well and they are on sale alot. Android straight from Google without another companies alterations has been good for me. The pixel phones also get a lot of update attention. Otherwise I am sure you will be just as happy with iOS.

Makes sense. If you change your mind take a look at the pixel line of phones. My pixel 3 runs dji fly and go really well and they are on sale alot. Android straight from Google without another companies alterations has been good for me. The pixel phones also get a lot of update attention. Otherwise I am sure you will be just as happy with iOS.
I ordered an iPad mini 5, a longer connection cord and a tablet holder for the RC. Everything is supposed to be here Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to actually getting some flying done!
Thanks, everybody, for all your answers and help ❤

I hope the ipad mini approach solves it. Im on a Galaxy S8 and havent had any issues so far *knock on wood*

ps. Dont forget to get a longer micro usb > lightning cabel

Last edited:
Reactions: Shay
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+