Get the most from your Mavic
Join thousands of Mavic owners helping each other
Join Us Now

Android order of operations oddities

Skyphotos

Reaction score
Hi again,
I just posted another thread (Beeping Double Beep) about an odd beeping problem, but the other odd thing is that unless I follow a specific order of operations I can never get the "go fly" button.

I have to have the controller and the drone turned on and connected to one another before plugging in the android phone, or I never get past the "version check Checking device info" popup on the screen. it just sits there.

I let it sit for 15 minutes, with no change in behavior.

If I have everything running, no problems, I get right to the double beep.

Is this common for android phones? I'm coming from an iphone background which was not sensitive to this behavior.

gnirtS

Reaction score
No issues with any order for me on 4 android devices.

I can turn RC on before or after DJI go. Same for drone. All works.

You need to be device specific as Android isnt one operating system. OEMs write their own and modify the code, sometimes to the extent of introducing incompatibilities etc (Samsung in particular heavy butcher the core OS code).

So people need to know your exact device before helping further.

Skyphotos

Reaction score

You need to be device specific as Android isnt one operating system. OEMs write their own and modify the code, sometimes to the extent of introducing incompatibilities etc (Samsung in particular heavy butcher the core OS code).

This is likely the case, it's the new samsung s20 ultra.

Johnmcl7

Reaction score

Samsung do not 'butcher the core OS code', they're one of increasingly few Google partners that run the full Android OS unlike Amazon and Xiaomi who run forks of Android but even then the core OS remains the same. In practice as long as it's not a heavily underspecced device I find Samsung devices to work well with DJI Go.

gnirtS

Reaction score
By the time you add all the SOC, the UI and everything else Samsung is a very very different OS to AOSP. Its one of the biggest differences of all. Google partner is meaningless. They all modify AOSP and Samsung in particular, do it extremely heavily.

The only real android you'll find is a Pixel device.

lookout

Reaction score
Sure it's not the cable? Or trying to plug into the charging port?

All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gogo1981