DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android order of operations oddities

Skyphotos

Reactions
Hi again,
I just posted another thread (Beeping Double Beep) about an odd beeping problem, but the other odd thing is that unless I follow a specific order of operations I can never get the "go fly" button.

I have to have the controller and the drone turned on and connected to one another before plugging in the android phone, or I never get past the "version check Checking device info" popup on the screen. it just sits there.

I let it sit for 15 minutes, with no change in behavior.

If I have everything running, no problems, I get right to the double beep.

Is this common for android phones? I'm coming from an iphone background which was not sensitive to this behavior.

No issues with any order for me on 4 android devices.

I can turn RC on before or after DJI go. Same for drone. All works.

You need to be device specific as Android isnt one operating system. OEMs write their own and modify the code, sometimes to the extent of introducing incompatibilities etc (Samsung in particular heavy butcher the core OS code).

So people need to know your exact device before helping further.

You need to be device specific as Android isnt one operating system. OEMs write their own and modify the code, sometimes to the extent of introducing incompatibilities etc (Samsung in particular heavy butcher the core OS code).

This is likely the case, it's the new samsung s20 ultra.

Samsung do not 'butcher the core OS code', they're one of increasingly few Google partners that run the full Android OS unlike Amazon and Xiaomi who run forks of Android but even then the core OS remains the same. In practice as long as it's not a heavily underspecced device I find Samsung devices to work well with DJI Go.

By the time you add all the SOC, the UI and everything else Samsung is a very very different OS to AOSP. Its one of the biggest differences of all. Google partner is meaningless. They all modify AOSP and Samsung in particular, do it extremely heavily.

The only real android you'll find is a Pixel device.

I've tried multiple cables for either available port.

It just started working again. I can't explain why. OOO no longer matters for me.

The one guy said the charging port was less reliable for flight.. Better for charging.
The one underneath is better for using the phone.

I find the micro usb port more annoying to use because of its location. right angle cables aren needed for comfort.
also it's the worst micro usb port 've tried to use since the mavic air

I tested my Huawei MediaPad M5 today had nothing but problems intermittently connecting and disconnects precision landing not working. gps position not accurate must be since Android updates grawgrawgraw.back to my loyal iPad mini 5 never gives me any problems.

I tested my Huawei MediaPad M5 today had nothing but problems intermittently connecting and disconnects precision landing not working. gps position not accurate must be since Android updates grawgrawgraw.back to my loyal iPad mini 5 never gives me any problems.
The phone or tablet you use has no influence any of the faults you mentioned.
All of them are drone or controller issues.

none of the problems above ever happen on my iPad mini.I still say its down to Android updates

none of the problems above ever happen on my iPad mini.I still say its down to Android updates
But the tablet cannot have any effect on those things.
And the M5 is probably the best flying tablet available.
It had nothing to do with your issues.
Your problems were related to the drone/controller or your environment.

like I said I get none of the problems on iPad the connecting and disconnects is from the Huawei to the controller
the gps is late getting location accuracy precision landing is not even close to take off.soon as I use my iPad its spot on .both the Drone and controller are smack on never had any issues.

like I said I get none of the problems on iPad the connecting and disconnects is from the Huawei to the controller
the gps is late getting location accuracy precision landing is not even close to take off.soon as I use my iPad its spot on .both the Drone and controller are smack on never had any issues.
If the tablet appears to disconnect, have you gone through the steps in the link I posted in Post #2 above?
The important thing is to ensure that Developer Mode is enabled.
Otherwise have you tried any other cables?

The other points you list have nothing to do with the tablet.
GPS is slow to get location accuracy?
The GPS involved is inside your Mavic and the tablet is just a screen that displays the info.
Precision landing , is 100% inside your Mavic and you letting the launch go properly to record the launch point properly.
Again the tablet has no influence over it.

Reactions: Thomas B
ok maybe I need to have a bit more patience on the Huawei it just seems to take a lot longer to get the (your home point as been updated please check it on the map)not a big fan of Android also I don't like the usb draining my controller battery and the annoying pop up saying use usb to

ok maybe I need to have a bit more patience on the Huawei it just seems to take a lot longer to get the (your home point as been updated please check it on the map)not a big fan of Android also I don't like the usb draining my controller battery and the annoying pop up saying use usb to
It's the GPS receiver in the Mavic that records the home point.
As soon as it has good GPS location data, the drone records the home point and the tablet just relays that to you.
The time taken can vary with the number of sats visible to the GPS receiver and how well they are spread across the sky.

Sometimes the audio message might be delayed if the app has a lot going on at the time.
Even without the audio message you can check the D (for Distance) in the lower right of the screen, when it changes from N/A to a distance, the home point has been recordeed.
You should also get the green Ready to Go GPS message at top of screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC