DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android P

Wintergon

Reactions
Just in case anyone decides to the load the beta of Android P that was released for testing today the current version of the DJI Go 4 does not work. It will just repeatedly crash.

Just in case anyone decides to the load the beta of Android P that was released for testing today the current version of the DJI Go 4 does not work. It will just repeatedly crash.

#wishisawthisearlier
#waitingforoptoutota

Last edited:
I probably should have read this thread before I installed the beta. Oh well.

I probably should have read this thread before I installed the beta. Oh well.
Right? And if you Opt out of the beta to get back on Oreo, it takes ffffooooorrreeeevvveerrr to get the OTA. Almost been 24 hours for me (i know they say it can take 24 hours) but I need my drone to work yesterday!

lol

Same problem here. I have tried to clear cache and all data related to the app then reinstall. Nothing worked. I can also report that Litchi and DroneDeploy have the same issues. I have reported the bug to Google as well as to the app developers in hopes that it will be fixed . I suggest everyone do the same --> Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I'll submit bug reports as well. I ended up pulling my Pixel XL out and using that for the my flight that night as I wanted to catch the sunset.

I know there have been a few updates to the DJI app in the last little bit; can anyone confirm if the DJI apps works? Or does it still crash upon start still?

I can confirm that the latest version of DJI Go 4 runs on a Pixel XL (version 1) running Android P now, BUT Litchi still crashes on start.

Last edited:
Also confirming that today's update (at least I got it today) does open on Android P (PP3) on a Pixel 2 XL.

Did anyone else's app just force close now?

The app didn't update, but now the app won't even open, although it worked yesterday.

Very odd!

EDIT: Never mind - seems to have fixed itself. Not too sure why it acted like before.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d