DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android phone via usb on controller

johnsctt78

Reactions
anyone ever have an issue using the usb port on the bottom of the controller to make the connection via say a google pixle 3 XL C type usb to the bottom regular USB port on the controller instead of using the side port of the controller.the google pixle 3 xl is a little tight on the left to make the connection with the stock C type cable

Not exactly, but I hate not being able to grip the controller with my left hand, due to the cable extrusion...to this day I think I must have missed a trick..!
Using a Huawei p30pro

Yes, I used it with my Samsung tablet. Works good and seems much easier to make all the connections !

Reactions: johnsctt78
That's what most of us recommend. The cables with the side port tend to get flaky.
Note that you must remove the short cable completely from the side port to use the bottom one.
I am using the bottom port to a y that goes to my tablet and a power source. At the same time a second port on the power source is going to the small square port on the side with a micro B, (not the square one), and simultaneously charging the Mavic Pro controller as well. 2A to the controller & 1 or 2 A to the tablet. I've used a glue gun on the side cable connection for additional stability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d