DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android smart controller system blocked when the play store password starts

Giampy

Reactions
Hi, my problem is the following: after installing Google Playstore I set a mandatory boot password and turned off the controller. Unfortunately at startup it asks me for that password but I can't find the virtual keyboard and my smart controller remains locked. Anyone know how to help me?

Hi, my problem is the following: after installing Google Playstore I set a mandatory boot password and turned off the controller. Unfortunately at startup it asks me for that password but I can't find the virtual keyboard and my smart controller remains locked. Anyone know how to help me?

You might try connecting a USB keyboard to the SC, and trying to enter the password from there. It has worked for me, when a Smart TV wanted a password by using the remote control...hope it works.

I have already tried the usb keyboard but it doesn't work. I also tried a mouse and it works but I can't type any numbers. Could a usb numeric keypad work?

I have already tried the usb keyboard but it doesn't work. I also tried a mouse and it works but I can't type any numbers. Could a usb numeric keypad work?

Maybe, I guess it depends on the password required. There is probably some way to use ODB, and sideload a workaround. Using ODB is complicated, and more for developers. Beyond my skillset.

Reactions: Giampy
Maybe, I guess it depends on the password required. There is probably some way to use ODB, and sideload a workaround. Using ODB is complicated, and more for developers. Beyond my skillset.

Do you know any tutorials you can follow?

Do you know any tutorials you can follow?

Oops! The tool used is ADB (Android Dev Bridge). You connect to the SC with your PC, and then use ADB as a terminal, to get into the SC, and perform additional tasks. I had to use it a lot when I got an SC 10 months ago. :-(

XDA-Developers website is the best resource if you need to hack your way through Android. It is mainly focused on mobile phones

When exactly are you being asked for a PW? If it is at power-on time, it could be a big problem. All Android devices have some hidden button sequence that will put the device into "recovery mode" that will wipe the device clean, and reset it back to the factory configuration. It sounds like the original factory configuration now includes the PW requirement.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what that button combination is.

If it is during boot-up, after you see the DJI pretty splash screen photo, perhaps you can halt the startup sequence, when you're asked for a PW.

I'm sorry if I didnt succesfully delete my previous post. I misunderstood your dilemma at first.
Saigons comment is right on, but I have not seen any mention on the forums about booting into recovery...

It does seem like something DJI wouldve included, if not for us, for their engineering team during dev?

I hope someone can figure that out for you!

Have you tried the hard reset?
C1+C2+Shutter+Power on

Are you able to reset in DJI Assistant?

Reactions: Saigondroner
I tried with the keys C1 + C2 + Shutter + Power on but at restart it always asks for the PW. I also tried with dji assistant but it crashes during the upload.

I tried with the keys C1 + C2 + Shutter + Power on but at restart it always asks for the PW. I also tried with dji assistant but it crashes during the upload.

I just thought about checking to see if my SC has an update of worth.

Never mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom