DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android spells Mavick, Maverick, or Magic. Help!

Former Member

Reactions
On my Galaxy S9 plus smartphone, as well as all the previous galaxys that I have had, no matter how many times I have used the word Mavic, It still replaces the word with magic Maverick or mavick.

Since I almost never use the words magic Maverick or mavick is there a way to delete those words from my spell check or and make it remember Mavic as the default word when I say mavic?

It would be embarrassing if I was texting one of my customers and asked him if he still has the old magic.[emoji2]

On my Galaxy S9 plus smartphone, as well as all the previous galaxys that I have had, no matter how many times I have used the word Mavic, It still replaces the word with magic Maverick or mavick.

Since I almost never use the words magic Maverick or mavick is there a way to delete those words from my spell check or and make it remember Mavic as the default word when I say mavic?

It would be embarrassing if I was texting one of my customers and asked him if he still has the old magic.[emoji2]
Hi,
Copied and pasted from "Google"...Go to phone settings, followed by Language and input. Select Samsung Keyboard from the list of keyboards. Tap “Predictive text”, followed by “Clear personal data”. Tapping this will remove all the new words that your keyboard has learned over time.

Reactions: Former Member

Yeah Rob, I had the same problem until I realized if you spell out the word Mavic then use it in a text, it should learn the word and place in it’s vocabulary. At least mine did.
On IOS, it does this automatically.

Yeah Rob, I had the same problem until I realized if you spell out the word Mavic then use it in a text, it should learn the word and place in it’s vocabulary. At least mine did.
On IOS, it does this automatically.

I think my phone is not as smart as yours (or more likely, operator error on my part)

I'm another big SwiftKey fan. And it's free, so what do you have to lose.

Does Swiftkey work well for you?
Sorry for the late reply.... Yes! Works awesome. And I hardly use the slide to type option either. But that works great... I can reze the keyboard and trick it out to my desires... Here's a screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181016-103210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181016-103210_Chrome.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 6
I have an S9 plus too.... turn off the auto correction in the Samsung keyboard that's all I could say unless you like using it but I keep it off....it likes to autocorrect too much for me. after that you should be good to go!
Also does anyone else notice how great this device is with DJI drones? it is just flawless ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut