DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android: Stop USB charging DJI devices...

This does not work on Android 8.x but I do not know if they fixed this in Android 9. The DJI GO 4 Application will turn charging back on because, as some android forums have theorized, data transfer uses the current. Apparently, people have tried severing the wire that carries the current and after doing so, the wire doesn't work to transfer data.

I dont know anything beyond that but I can tell you I have looked into this for my SG Note 9, and no matter if I do anything in the Developers options or the pulldown USB options, the charging comes back on.
Mine works fine for Note 8. Good battery life on the RC.

No because no matter what it will charge. It is an Android limitation. Unless some has changed very recently you absolutely can NOT TURN IT OFF Android USB Charging disable?

No when you plug it in on the pull down for the connection > click the banner. You can select what USB mode you want it in. No need to go to Dev options. It has worked this way for many versions.

Pull down works fine for me on Android 7.

Pull down works fine for me on Android 7.
Ah! I think what I must be missing is, you hook up your RC and phone first. You then plug in the Android phone. A banner will appear in the notification area. That is my glitch. I've always set it up to always not allow it to charge off any other device ahead of time. I never saw a banner ever pop up, because it was already set - and have been going back 3 Samsung phones. Hahahaha! And I thought I knew Android pretty well. So, for my next Note (10 maybe?), I'll leave the thing stock and see what happens.

Reactions: Phill
Ah! I think what I must be missing is, you hook up your RC and phone first. You then plug in the Android phone. A banner will appear in the notification area. That is my glitch. I've always set it up to always not allow it to charge off any other device ahead of time. I never saw a banner ever pop up, because it was already set - and have been going back 3 Samsung phones. Hahahaha! And I thought I knew Android pretty well. So, for my next Note (10 maybe?), I'll leave the thing stock and see what happens.
davemgood says that hes able to get it to work on his Note 8 with Android 8.x. hmm
Well, I hope I can get this to work. I have a Note 9 running Android 8.x. Everytime I go to do this, it tries to charge my tablet and phone

Can you better explain what you mean in the first sentence?

Can you better explain what you mean in the first sentence?
What I mean is that I followed the procedures for hooking up the Remote Control to a USB connector on the phone and then a banner appears on the phone.

What I mean is that I followed the procedures for hooking up the Remote Control to a USB connector on the phone and then a banner appears on the phone.
And that worked? Hmmm. Pretty sure I tried that. Was the drone off when you did that? Was the RC off? Anything else besides that? The app was running?

Android specs (api) do not provide charge control. Some manufacturers may have added it in, but I haven't seen anything for my Samsung Tab S3. I always get a slow charge indicator.

Since Android OS didn't provide apps with control for all devices, DJI couldn't implement it.

On the Android, enable Developer Options (Google: How to set Android Developer Options)

In Developer Options, look for 'USB Configuration' and select MIDI or another option except 'Charging'.

NOTE: Do NOT have your DJI and Android connected when enabling Developer Options and changing the USB Configuration.

Hi
Tried it.
But my Samsung A50 is still charging ?

In the MM manual, for Android phones it states:

If a USB connection prompt appears when using an Android mobile device, select the option to
charge only. Otherwise, it may result in connection failure.

Android 4 phone does ok even when charging, but Android 5 with sun bright screen runs down just because of the screen (but needed in bright daylight). Have Android 5 rooted to be able to turn off charging with app.

When you plug anything into USB on Android you should get a message in the drop down menu at the top asking how you want to use it.
Pick MIDI and it won't try to charge.

Not work on my S6 either. Always charge
But if i select the 2nd (alternate method) button in the free Disable battery charging app, it works finally!
No more charge!

Reactions: Phill
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon