DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android tablet for Mavic Air 2

Brightness , Brightness and Brightness are the 3 most important things to me.

Sure it's gotta work but I don't care what brand it is but I want to see the screen in bright sunlight.

Which tablet (or phone) can be seen clearly in bright sunlight.

FYI. I have a note 10+ and i have real issues seeing the screen.

Brightness , Brightness and Brightness are the 3 most important things to me.

Sure it's gotta work but I don't care what brand it is but I want to see the screen in bright sunlight.

Which tablet (or phone) can be seen clearly in bright sunlight.

FYI. I have a note 10+ and i have real issues seeing the screen.
50% of the problem is not the brightness it's the glare that's why everyone needs anti glare screen protector.

Reactions: wali
50% of the problem is not the brightness it's the glare that's why everyone needs anti glare screen protector.

So an anti glare screen protector will improve every phone and tablet by 50% - big call.. ?
I am surprised as I have seen next to nothing on the effect these antiglare protectors allegedly can have on sunny days.

For the cost there is virtually nothing to loose so I will try.

So an anti glare screen protector will improve every phone and tablet by 50% - big call.. ?
I am surprised as I have seen next to nothing on the effect these antiglare protectors allegedly can have on sunny days.

For the cost there is virtually nothing to loose so I will try.

They definitely make a big difference.

They definitely make a big difference.
The sunshade will help. I've been a commercial photographer/filmmaker for close to 40 years. "Glare is your enemy, black is your friend." Often times on a commercial shoot with a shiny object which I am photographing, I have sometimes seen the tripod reflected in the shot. Fixed that by draping black velvet at the camera and shot through a hole in it. When filming outdoors, I have had my assistant hold a black umbrella over the camera so we can see better. On the drone side of things, the simplest improvement I could suggest is to wear a black or dark colored shirt to eliminate some of the glare on your phone or tablet.

Reactions: wali
The sunshade will help. I've been a commercial photographer/filmmaker for close to 40 years. "Glare is your enemy, black is your friend." Often times on a commercial shoot with a shiny object which I am photographing, I have sometimes seen the tripod reflected in the shot. Fixed that by draping black velvet at the camera and shot through a hole in it. When filming outdoors, I have had my assistant hold a black umbrella over the camera so we can see better. On the drone side of things, the simplest improvement I could suggest is to wear a black or dark colored shirt to eliminate some of the glare on your phone or tablet.
I agree wearing black or dark clothing should help. But ! wearing black gear outside in the sun you will be the one that gets hot!
Which may be good depending where you live!
I live in the Philippines and it is always hot so black is not good!!

I want to update this site, I had a TAB A 10.1 Samsung, and it worked fine, however, after a update (Android or samsung...who knows) the compass portion stopped working. I went thru Samsung service and they just reset the tablet, and when you boot it up...it downloads software update and doesnt work again.

nuff said there, except, I had a apple IPAD PRO 9.7 (With cellular) for my Mavic Air, and tried it on the mavic air 2, it works great, so now I have 2 of them. For the GPS to work you need the Cellular version even though you dont hook it up.

Igot mine on amazon, at a steal, as reconditioned, they come and go in stock and you have to watch the price.

So Thumbs down Samsung Tab A 10.1 (2019) thimbs up reconditioned Ipad 9.7 pro cellular.

Hope this helps fellow Flyers.
AE0DC

Apple iPad Pro 9.7-inch (32GB, Wi-Fi + Cellular, Silver) 2016 Model (Renewed)

Unless I'm missing something, the sm-T290NZKAXAR is not a good tablet for the ma2. I have disabled caching and changed the video to smooth. Is there something else to configure?

This thing is choppier than a Ginsu. Bought it yesterday and it's going back. Total tease. Went back to my s20 and it's buttery smooth in HD and caching enabled.

Last edited:
I ordered a Zenpad z8s from Amazon and it gets here on Friday. I was trying to use my Ipad 5th gen without cellular so wifi only. It works fine but the screen is insanely hard to see when it is bright outside. Will let you know how that Zenpad works out.

Reactions: Tufargon
Is there something else?

Check out this tablet.

Here's some current chatter about it.

Looks tempting. ?

I ordered a Zenpad z8s from Amazon and it gets here on Friday. I was trying to use my Ipad 5th gen without cellular so wifi only. It works fine but the screen is insanely hard to see when it is bright outside. Will let you know how that Zenpad works out.
I think the zenpad z8s will work, if DJI Fly will install. I think the problem with the Tab A is the micro usb. If it was usb c, it would be fine, I think. Usb-c has a much faster transfer rate. My wife has the tab a 10" with USB C but the Dji fly app will not install.

Almost no matter what you get you'll have a hard time seeing the screen in certain situations. Sun shades work well or stay in the shade is all you can really do.

I have to give it a shot on the Zen Pad...I have read that a lot of people have good success with it. If not Amazon has great return policy on it.

I thought about a hood and will probably end up making or purchasing one in the future.

Reactions: SteveyG
I have to give it a shot on the Zen Pad...I have read that a lot of people have good success with it. If not Amazon has great return policy on it.

I thought about a hood and will probably end up making or purchasing one in the future.
That's the tablet I use actually. I have a home made hood I bought from a guy in the Autel forum but I never really use it. I might eventually get a sun shade.

Video isn't choppy?
Not that I noticed. I've only done 2 flights checking out the different modes like circle etc.... There are a few on the forum that use it also and they say it works perfectly fine.

Cool, thanks. I also read the tablet I purchased is "fine" for the ma2 but it is not, unless you can deal with choppy video. Thanks

Reactions: Tufargon
I think the zenpad z8s will work, if DJI Fly will install. I think the problem with the Tab A is the micro usb. If it was usb c, it would be fine, I think. Usb-c has a much faster transfer rate. My wife has the tab a 10" with USB C but the Dji fly app will not install.

Yup it works!

Tomorrow will be the test for range and video issues.

Spent the better part of tonight trying to get it to start and connect to wifi here at the house but once that "learning curve" was solved I have flown it in the basement and everything works as advertised.

Tomorrow I will be testing it outside in daytime hours but I have high hopes for this 8" tablet.\

If it does not perform I can always return it.

EDIT: by the way I got the DJI FLY app from the google store and it works! I am also using a USB-C to USB-C cable that I got from Amazon....will test the flight parameters out tomorrow and will post my results

Reactions: brdsng
EDIT: by the way I got the DJI FLY app from the google store and it works! I am also using a USB-C to USB-C cable that I got from Amazon....will test the flight parameters out tomorrow and will post my results
With the MA2 controller, the stock USB-C to USB-C is exactly the right length.
Thanks for posting these results as I know a lot want to hear about this tablet. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian