DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android tablet for Mavic Air 2

With the MA2 controller, the stock USB-C to USB-C is exactly the right length.
Thanks for posting these results as I know a lot want to hear about this tablet. Thumbswayup

The stock cable did not work for my needs. It's close but as an "older guy" I went with a longer cable. I just took the MA2 out a few min ago and managed to do everything I could do with the phone or the iPad. Granted this was some very short flights but I want to "crawl before I walk...and then RUN"

Reactions: wali and Tufargon
Yup it works!

Tomorrow will be the test for range and video issues.

Spent the better part of tonight trying to get it to start and connect to wifi here at the house but once that "learning curve" was solved I have flown it in the basement and everything works as advertised.

Tomorrow I will be testing it outside in daytime hours but I have high hopes for this 8" tablet.\

If it does not perform I can always return it.

EDIT: by the way I got the DJI FLY app from the google store and it works! I am also using a USB-C to USB-C cable that I got from Amazon....will test the flight parameters out tomorrow and will post my results
Is this this model # ZT582KL?

I too just got the Asus Z8s from amazon for $119 and it works great with the MA2. Another confirmation. The USC-C cable that comes with the Air 2 fits perfectly.

The tablet experience for the Air 2 is so much better than the phone experience just due to the huge screen size. Way more fun to fly the drone.

Reactions: Tufargon
I too just got the Asus Z8s from amazon for $119 and it works great with the MA2. Another confirmation. The USC-C cable that comes with the Air 2 fits perfectly.

The tablet experience for the Air 2 is so much better than the phone experience just due to the huge screen size. Way more fun to fly the drone.
I got mine for $70 + 9 shipping off Ebay and it's mint. So much better than the 2019 8" tab a I will be returning.

I purchased this refurbished Samsung tablet off of Amazon a couple of months ago
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 32 GB Wifi Android 9.0 Pie Tablet Black (2019) - SM-T290NZKAXAR

works quite well and only ran about $150 USD. However you must DL the app from DJI as it wont load from Google Play
It doesn't work with my Mavic Air 2. It is not powerful to keep up with the data stream and it freezes, stutters and pixelates.

The tab A must have limited RAM or else it would have appeared in Play.
Many have gotten lucky with this low RAM, but there's a good chance of bad performance.

Thank you, but not sure how to do that. I finally ordered a Tripltek , which gets excellent reviews for brightness and durability. It was expensive, so now I don't want the Tab A to work lol!
On DJI Fly it’s camera tab/ advanced shooting settings / cache when recording, toggle on or off

On DJI Fly it’s camera tab/ advanced shooting settings / cache when recording, toggle on or off
Thank you for the help. I did try that, and it had no effect. There was a pronounced lag, ghosting, etc., and it was clearly unable to handle the data stream.
On the other hand, the Tripltek is outstanding in every way. Solid picture, excellent screen resolution in bright light - clearly superior. It is built like a tank, which does mean it needs some thought as to which holder to use, but Tripltek has a holder on their site for $20 that will work just fine.
For me at least this was a terrific solution to my problem. I can recommend it without reservation.

Reactions: MA2 317
my i pad mini bricked.

Just curious, what model of iPad mini?

I've been flying the mini4 since 2017 with DJI go4 (Spark) and the Go Fly (MA2) and haven't had any problems, other than an occasional "CPU usage..." type of message.

Reactions: lannes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR