DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Tablet for Mavic Pro 2

Andiwil

Reactions
Hi, I've had my M2P for a couple of weeks now and absolutely loving it.
I've got it linked to my old Samsung galaxy note 4 but seriously struggling to see the screen in almost any lighting (it does have a lot of screen burn). I've seen alot of recommendations for the Huawei M5 tablet, and it fits the budget too. Is anyone using this one, what's it like out in daylight. Does anyone know its "nit" rating?... (that bits new to me lol).... Thanks in advance

just helped a new MPP flyer set up his drone he purchased a new 8 inch media pad M5 lite 32 gig from argos for £199-99 and it was very easy to set up and use the screen on full brightness is very good when used with a sun hood and he is very happy with it

I've seen alot of recommendations for the Huawei M5 tablet, and it fits the budget too. Is anyone using this one, what's it like out in daylight. Does anyone know its "nit" rating?...
According to the specs, the M5 has a brightness of 401 nits.
Unless you go for one of the Crystalsky high brightness tablets, nothing works well out in full sunlight.
But finding some shade from a handy tree etc improves the visibility of any tablet.

I use Tab A - turn cache mode off.. poor Tab cant handle receiving video.

Desde Galicia / España / Europa.
Yo uso para mi M2P una tableta Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) y sí ... el tema de la luminosidad, aún usando parasol y protector de pantalla polarizado, queda muy corta en comparación con una CristalSky ...
Además, grabar con Android, no hay la opción de apagar el modo "power bank" del mando, algo con IOS sí existe ... con lo que durará lo suficiente menos vuelos que con IOS o un CristalSky ... Este punto sigue siendo algo a resolver por DJI ...
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Utilizo una tableta Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) para mi M2P y sí ... el problema de la luminosidad, incluso usando una visera polarizada y un protector de pantalla, es muy corto en comparación con un CristalSky ...

Además, recuerde que con Android, no hay ninguna opción para desactivar el modo "banco de energía" del control remoto, algo que existe con IOS ... que durará muchos menos vuelos que con IOS o un CristalSky ... Esto señala aún algo que resolver para DJI ...

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) tablet for my M2P and yes ... the issue of luminosity, even using a polarized sun visor and screen protector, is very short compared to a CristalSky ...

Also, remember that with Android, there is no option to turn off the "power bank" mode of the remote control, something that with IOS does exist ... which will last many fewer flights than with IOS or a CristalSky ... This point still something to solve for DJI ...

Mediapad M3 and M5 work nicely with Go4/Mavic 2. Fast, stable, reliable.

Like any mobile device though, none are great in bright sunlight (its why i upgraded to the SC despite a smaller screen).

I've got it linked to my old Samsung galaxy note 4 but seriously struggling to see the screen in almost any lighting (it does have a lot of screen burn). I've seen alot of recommendations for the Huawei M5 tablet, and it fits the budget too. Is anyone using this one, what's it like out in daylight. Does anyone know its "nit" rating?... (that bits new to me lol).... Thanks in advance
Invest in a Smart Controller. No connecting cable needed. Fast set up (I get in the air within 2 minutes). Set screen brightness to maximum, not auto, and see perfectly without need for a sunshade. I used it at a sunny beach in Rhode Island yesterday and it was perfect.

Invest in a Smart Controller. No connecting cable needed. Fast set up (I get in the air within 2 minutes). Set screen brightness to maximum, not auto, and see perfectly without need for a sunshade. I used it at a sunny beach in Rhode Island yesterday and it was perfect.
Thumbswayup
Smart Controller 1,000 nits
Samsung S9+ 630 nits
iPhone X 574 nits
Pixel 2 XL 438 nits

I have an M5. I really like the larger 8" screen but bright sun is a drawback. I haven't used a sunshade with it. I also have a smart controller. Bright sun is still an issue but definitely less than it is with the tablet. I love the ease of use of the smart controller but I am not a fan of the smaller screen size. Both have their pros and cons.

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_140834.jpg
    IMG_20190113_140834.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: PAW
I have an M5. I really like the larger 8" screen but bright sun is a drawback. I haven't used a sunshade with it. I also have a smart controller. Bright sun is still an issue but definitely less than it is with the tablet. I love the ease of use of the smart controller but I am not a fan of the smaller screen size. Both have their pros and cons.
Really interested in this. Like the idea of using the SC screen for flight controls and leaving the monitor for camera viewing. 2x the nits of the SC with a 7" screen.
Annotation 2019-09-16 095838.jpg

LifThor SC Pro / FeelWorld FW279 7" COMBO
$365 delivered to California includes the mount and monitor.

Reactions: masic and Brewbud
I have been thinking about that. Those screens are bright! Looks like it adds a lot of bulk though. I could be wrong, but I think the battery pack is kinda big for the display. I wonder if the histogram can be shown on the display.

I use a Tab A with my 3 person pop up hunting blind and swivel chair! I’m in the shade at all times with no signal obstruction....I don’t need all those nits!!!!

I'm using this tablet (Huawei M5 8.4) with my MP2 from day one and the only problem using it in daylight is the screen reflection. I usually put brightness at its full (manually) , and try to stay in a shade. Still trying to find a sunshade that fits this tablet.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab at 2019.
It has two problems: a large one and another of the tablets.
The big one is that DJI Go 4 for Android is different than the iOS application .. and with Android DJI has forgotten to include the ON / OFF button of the power bank function .. with what Android users we have a reduced RC in life ... A problem that DJI drags from previous models (as if Android users had not paid the same money as IOS users).
The second and less important is that the screen of any tablet (or most) .. It is not polarized ... and the reflections on it are really annoying even in shadow...
----------------------------------------------------
Yo uso una Samsung Galaxy Tab a 2019.
Tiene dos problemas: uno grande y otro propio de las tablets.
El grande, es que, DJI Go 4 para Android es distinta que la aplicación de IOS ..y con Android DJI se ha olvidado de incluir el botón de ON/OFF de la función de power bank .. con lo que los usuarios de Android tenemos un RC mermado en vida útil... Un problema que DJI arrastra desde modelos anteriores ( como si los usuarios de Android no hubiesen pagado el mismo dinero que los usuarios de IOS ) .
El segundo y menos importante es que la pantalla de cualquier tablet ( o de la mayoría ) ..No es polarizada... y los reflejos en la misma son realmente molestos aún en sombra.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab at 2019.
It has two problems: a large one and another of the tablets.
The big one is that DJI Go 4 for Android is different than the iOS application .. and with Android DJI has forgotten to include the ON / OFF button of the power bank function .. with what Android users we have a reduced RC in life ... A problem that DJI drags from previous models (as if Android users had not paid the same money as IOS users).
The second and less important is that the screen of any tablet (or most) .. It is not polarized ... and the reflections on it are really annoying even in shadow...

This isn't a choice that DJI have made it's a consequence of using a standard USB connection which doesn't allow this (at least I've never seen it done without using a modified cable which breaches the USB standard) as opposed to the proprietary lightning connection IOS devices use which does allow power to be switched off. Furthermore, the controller only charges at the minimal possible current USB offers at 500mA and I find in practice it doesn't really drain the controller that much, it's easily recharged on the move as well.

This isn't a choice that DJI have made it's a consequence of using a standard USB connection which doesn't allow this (at least I've never seen it done without using a modified cable which breaches the USB standard) as opposed to the proprietary lightning connection IOS devices use which does allow power to be switched off. Furthermore, the controller only charges at the minimal possible current USB offers at 500mA and I find in practice it doesn't really drain the controller that much, it's easily recharged on the move as well.

Thanks Johnmc17 for your response.
But let me not think the same.
I humbly believe that, today, few things at the level of software engineering and interface architecture cannot be solved, if there is a will to do so ... And if you manufacture one of the best Drones on the market thinking only of an operating system ( IOS) .. let your users know ... And like many other Apps (for example augmented reality) do not allow its installation if in that system its functionality will be reduced ...
Can you imagine, a universal App like WhatsApp that only works at 80% on IOS ...? Digital death assured ...
Maybe that's why DJI Go 4 has such a bad rating on the App / Play Store ...
I got in touch with DJI, in its day, due to this important difference between IOS and Android (like the compass calibration, which in IOS appears directly in the state of the aircraft and in Android you need four more clicks until get to the state of the sensors and be able to calibrate the compass ..) and also diverted the blame to Android as an operating system ... Despite recognizing that it is a problem dragged from previous models ..

Maybe that's why DJI Go 4 has such a bad rating on the App / Play Store ...
Read those negative reviews and it's clear that the app is not the problem.
Most are from people that ran it on substandard tablets or phones, or people that can't understand instructions, manuals or do stupid things and blame the software and hardware for their mistakes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada