DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android tablets compatible with Mavic Mini

Google Play won't likely present the app if you have less than 4GB installed. However a manual install of the APK which you can download from DJI might work with 2GB. Performance/stability could be an issue though, depending on how much RAM is free.

Same here. My Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T810) is on your list and works well with GO4, but does not even install the Fly app when downloaded from DJI server. The app is also not offered in Play store.
A quick Google shows that tablet as having Android 5.0.2, which won't support DJI Fly, but it's upgradable to 6.0.1, which is the minimum. However, I didn't see if it's 64-bit Android, but that is also a requirement, so it might or might not work -- you'll need to chase down the details.

It's pretty simple, really: A tablet that meets DJI Fly's known Android requirements should work, while a tablet that doesn't won't work (and the app won't even be shown in the store).

Reactions: CareyL
Tried my Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T813), ordered the correct cable. Was able to download Dji fly app, but the tablet wouldn't connect to the mavic mini. Disappointing. Was really looking forward to larger screen.

Does anyone think Dji will correct this or should I start looking for a new compatible tablet?
Can you check to see if it's running a 32-bit version of Android?

Correction:
Go 4 is for all DJI models since P4 and all Mavics except Mini.
Go 3 is used for Phantom 3.

Fly won't show up in Google Play if you don't have at least 4GB RAM installed, but it still may work with as little as 2GB installed, assuming all other requirements are met. You would have to install manually by downloading from DJI.

So what is everyone using for the mini? Amazon have like the fire 7 for under $100 64bit

The Fire 7 is not on the list in post 2, does it work?
Does anyone successfully use Fire 7, 8, or 10 for DJI Fly?
Fire 10 HD does not work with DJI Fly app. Tested, confirmed, incompatible. Even tried to get around the parsing error when trying to install the app, but gave up. Lifes too short!

Went to a local Best Buy (Toronto area) and tried to install the DJI Fly app on a few tablets. Also tested on a few tablet I own.
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) - Will not install.
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E - Will install. (not flight tested...yet) *
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 - Will install. (not flight tested)*
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) - Will not install.
  • Amazon Fire 10 HD - Will not install. (I doubt the 7s or 8s will install either)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (2014) - Will not install.
  • Apple iPad 10.2 (2019) - Will install but small screen. Seems to be a phone version but can be zoomed to full screen. (not flight tested)
My experience in this endeavour...
I too am in the market for a tablet that will work with my Mavic Mini (and my Phantom 4) and I own most of the tablets above except for items denoted by *. Generally, I'm an android guy.

I bought the iPad as Costco had a good deal on it and to see how it stacks up with my androids, and I will admit, it is a decent piece of hardware (my biggest gripe with Apple is their restrictive software) and works rather well with DJI Fly app and DJI GO4 app. (*****Please note, I have NOT flight tested either drone/app with the iPad, only checked app compatibility and connecting to air crafts which worked).

Sadly the iPad will be going back as it is too wide (174.1 mm or 6.8 inches) to fit into the tablet mount (170 mm) for my Phantom 4 unmodified. Also found that for a few dollars more I can get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E that has a width of 160 mm and has better specs than the iPad. Bottom line, I am looking for one tablet for both my drones.

I'll attempt a basic flight test of the iPad+MM before I return it. I don't have a tablet adapter for my MM controller so testing this may be "interesting" and limited. I will also do a test of the S5E when i get it.

Hope this helps, folks.

Philip.

Hard to justify ipad prices just for a screen.

That's why I was looking at galaxy tabs

Hard to justify ipad prices just for a screen.

That's why I was looking at galaxy tabs
Costco Canada had a great price on the iPad (CAD $379 + tax), now its CAD $413 + tax. They have a special on the S5E for CAD $ 450 + tax.

Was just thinking about the big Galaxy note phone. anyone try that? I dont want a big tablet

huawei media pad m3 works just fine.
The new amazon fire HD 8, works fine I've seen youtube videos...

Was just thinking about the big Galaxy note phone. anyone try that? I dont want a big tablet
Sorry, I don't have access to any Galaxy Notes but can confirm Galaxy S8+ and Huawei P30 Pro (officially listed by DJI) work well. They are fairly large screens but too small for my aging eyes. :)

The 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab (SM-T290), works great with DJI FLy, Go4 & Litchi. It is 64 bit Android 9 and only costs $177 at Costco (Canada). I gave my 10" Tab A, (64 bit architecture but 32 bit Android), to my wife.
....I thought I had seen a list or reference link here on the forum for Android tablets that work with the Mavic MM....but can't find it. ..

My 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830) works great with the Mini. I got a tablet stand and longer cable to connect it and haven't had any issues. Love the bigger screen and resolution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica