DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android won't connect

Reactions
Hi, I am having one of those technology challenging days. First I got locked out of my iPad which is solely for drone use. Then I decided to use my android phone, but it won't connect. I think because it's Oppo the version might be incorrect. It is version 6.0.1

Can someone confirm this is the problem? Or could it b something else.

Cheers

Hi, I am having one of those technology challenging days. First I got locked out of my iPad which is solely for drone use. Then I decided to use my android phone, but it won't connect. I think because it's Oppo the version might be incorrect. It is version 6.0.1

Can someone confirm this is the problem? Or could it b something else.

Cheers
What app are you trying to run? DJI GO 4 or a 3rd party app? Many 3rd Party apps like DroneDeploy require Android 7.1 or higher. DJI Go and some 3rd Party apps also require that you be connected to the internet for the first time you run the app.

What app are you trying to run? DJI GO 4 or a 3rd party app? Many 3rd Party apps like DroneDeploy require Android 7.1 or higher. DJI Go and some 3rd Party apps also require that you be connected to the internet for the first time you run the app.
DJI Go 4, I also have DJI Go on there for my osmo 2, but thinking that might be a problem, I deleted it. But still no luck. I thought I would have to have a different account to run 4 but apparently no.

I was contemplating downloading litchi, but don't want to do that until I can try it with my phone rather than the ipad, which I am getting apple to unlock for me.

You can have different apps installed on the same device. I have Go3 (for P3A), Go4, Airmap, and Fly on my HTC phone, Samsung S3 tablet, and iPad.

For the quads that use Go, the Androids prompt if I want to use Go3, Go4, or Airmap with the connected USB device. I don't recommend selecting to always use the selected app with the detected controller.
For Mini, only Fly is offered.

So if your Android is not connecting to the controller, I would suspect your USB cable. If it was a matter of app not compatible with the version of Android, the app probably wouldn't run at all.

I did have issues with the Samsung Tab E connecting reliably. I think Samsung had a security module on that model that would block the USB from the app. If I rebooted the Tab E, I might get the USB to connect to the app before the tablet ran all background modules. Not having much RAM may also have been a factor in Go app stability. It made flying very frustrating.

Reactions: TravelingMan67
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard