DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Annoying Wind Warnings

I stopped updating anything last autumn. I have no sim-card and no wifi on EVER when I fly. Just press ignore on all updates and I fly anywhere really fast. Tops over 80Km/h and the ascent and descent speeds are incredible +10m/s and down is almost freefall when 10m/s. Love my Mavic anyway with or without FCC.

I stopped updating anything last autumn. I have no sim-card and no wifi on EVER when I fly. Just press ignore on all updates and I fly anywhere really fast. Tops over 80Km/h and the ascent and descent speeds are incredible +10m/s and down is almost freefall when 10m/s. Love my Mavic anyway with or without FCC.
ya i dont up date any more either, finally got her the way i like her,freeeeee, i havent messed with the wind warnings to be honest because we dont get wind here much haha, tried a few other settings though, utube is great thing,,,, haha and huge thanx to dronebreakz for his vids and all the developers that worked so hard to freeeeee these birds, the decent mods are great but scary, i dropped her in the lake a few months ago not paying attention to my soroundings and i had her modded to decent faster,my fault but she still flies whoohooooo

If you would please tell me when and where to find the "ignore updates" button... I've been afraid to even plug my iPad in to the wireless for fear of getting inundated with update demands...

FAA ?

1525807171059.jpg
I live and fly here so I don't really care about FAA[emoji41] . ALSO, in Finland there are no strict WRITTEN LAWS for example maximum flying height or LAW that you must obtain VLOS all the time. There are guidelines that you shouldn't fly over 150meters but if you do, like I do, nobody cares, nobodys gonna do anything about it. And nobody is certainly not going to arrest you. If i crash on something, let's say a car gets bumps and little paint job, it's my freetime insurance thats paying for it (and I pay 150€ my part)

We are very lucky who fly drones in Finland. Next to us in Sweden, you are not allowed to fly ANYTHING with a camera attached to it.

Edit: Laws for UAV:s in Finland. Forbidden to fly or take pictures is military base airspace. That's all I have found whats illegal in here. Enjoy height:
1525807866061.jpg
1525807898201.jpg
1525807933897.jpg

We do have an airfield 17Km from my home. There are maybe 2 flights coming in daily from Helsinki. Otherways they practice with the (military) Hornets. Those days I do fishing[emoji2]

Reactions: genesimmons
If you would please tell me when and where to find the "ignore updates" button... I've been afraid to even plug my iPad in to the wireless for fear of getting inundated with update demands...
Yes. Next time I go flying I'll take pictures of the prompts when I start up DJI GO 4. It prompts to my recollection Inconsistent firmware: Update/Ignore
New NFZ maps available: Update/Ignore
Newer something updates blah blah: Update/Ignore

FREEEEDOOOOMMM!!!!!

Reactions: Cuervo
So every time i go flying:
-Aircraft power on
-Tablet power on
-Rc power on
-DJI GO 4 on
......searching.....connecting... then it prompts me these three questions and i press cancel/ignore on all of them.

1526153394373.png
1526153403358.png
1526153413508.png

So I have no sim-card, no wifi on, don't even have to put airplane mode on because anyway no connections but the occusync. So I have only GPS and offline Google maps on in the tablet, and works as a charm.

Been flying like this since last october. Never any issues. Except next to railroads compass goes crazy, telecom-tower/magnetic interference. Could take those warnings also away but I'm not stupid. Just a little rebellious, in a nice way.

Think I will rename my Mavic to
"The Flying Lobster" with the new skin
1526153490322.jpg
1526153503630.jpg

Reactions: Cuervo
Thank you very much, I'll run this through next time I boot up and go through a checklist. The iPad I use is mostly a dedicated device to the drone, but if I connect to the home wireless I can update other stuff, Google Earth mostly. Thanks again for your efforts.
Flying Lobster is good... mine was named Ozzy after the local osprey who fishes on the creek, but with the latest customization it looks more like a mosquito in spite of the seabird skull, so I'm calling it Skeeter.DSC00632.jpg

Reactions: genesimmons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne