DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another call for location help

El_Deacon

Reactions
Sadly I know what happened but cant locate the AC. If someone could create predicted impact location coords/map or guide me thru which processes to pick in Igor 8 it would be appreciated greatly.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-10-18_[08-37-27].txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
One of the cells in the battery had the voltage dropped to an abnormally low level so the craft could not make it home. Autolanding should have happened but for unknown reasons it didn't. As the battery was in an abnormal state it's hard to project when it became depleted and the drone fell out of the sky. As the drone was doing RTH, it is certain that it was somewhere along the line joining the home point and the last know position of the drone ( indicated by the "find my drone" function of the app ). That means you will have to cover a distance of 163 m or 535 ft in your search.

1603538868400.png

1603540083121.png

Last edited:
Reactions: El_Deacon
Hmm ... that's strange, a forcelanding should definitely been initiated there, batt cell 1 was as low as 1,97V. Something glitched in the AC firmware there for sure.

I think the system shut down there where the log ended ... due to under voltage. Engines stopped & the AC started to fall in kind of a ballistic trajectory. The last measurement for the heading speed in the log was 5,7m/s ... then it started to fall from a height of 51,9m above the HP, slowing down the forward speed while falling.

The touch down is very likely much closer to the disconnect point than from the HP ... but to calculate the touch down with any accuracy the drag data from a MP is needed ... which I don't have unfortunately. The tilt direction in the end there was +164 degrees from north ... the fall was likely in that direction.

(Click on the chart to make it larger ... & take the heading speed value times 10 for the correct value)
1603547012168.png

*EDIT*

Can share the AirData.com wind data from the end of the flight if that can do the cause any good ... mainly you flew head into a wind with nearly twice as fast velocity than the AC last ground speed.

1603550160868.png
1603550175275.png
1603550190673.png

Last edited:
Reactions: El_Deacon
Thanks sooo much for the replies. Todays search along that line to about 75-85 feet from LKC's was not successful. Very bad area thats uncleared, over-grown and full of stuff that stings, bites and scratches. Will widen search out tomorrow I guess. Gotta be somewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121