DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Another Cold Day flying

Some people have snow, some have some wilderness an than there are those that live and breath the North winds. , fantastic video, the camera dump was my favorite as it created a nice camera angle . .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain /Snow and the North Winds.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I see the waterfall is frozen solid...must be cold. Do you find you get (greatly) reduced flight time in the cold temps?

I see the waterfall is frozen solid...must be cold. Do you find you get (greatly) reduced flight time in the cold temps?
I have not flown the A2S in these temps yet, however, I have flown the Mavic Pro in -20F. If you keep your battery warm until ready to launch, then hover for a couple of minutes for the drone and battery to raise their internal temps, and don't fly aggressively, then you can still get 15-20 minutes, sometimes more. Just keep an eye on your battery levels.

Nice video. I live at 8200ft in the Colorado Rockies and fly in the cold and snow pretty often when the winds allow. You get an entirely different perspective on the scenery when it’s snow covered.

For me I really never push my batteries past 40-60% even when its warm out. Most times flying when its that cold I give up before my batteries ever will. When I do fly its get out of my truck. Fly my location and get back in to were its warm. So my batteries are never in the cold for very long.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_