DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another DJI Go 4 Update 4.1.12

You guys are talking about version 4.1.12. I still have 4.1.9 for android and cannot find the latest. DJI says i have the latest app. Confused big time. My mavic is updated to .4000 , but i cannot use the quickshot functions yet. Any ideas please guys.

You guys are talking about version 4.1.12. I still have 4.1.9 for android and cannot find the latest. DJI says i have the latest app. Confused big time. My mavic is updated to .4000 , but i cannot use the quickshot functions yet. Any ideas please guys.
Count your blessings! Don't update it until it tells you too!;)

I'm usually a "keep it updated" kind of person but, having done the last three updates and re-entering settings, I've modified my approach. I will update only if:
  1. It addresses an issue with which I am struggling;
  2. New and desired functionality is being delivered.
What I can't understand is why a copy of the current settings subject to being reset during an update aren't kept (or backed-up to) a "sidecar" file that can be manually (or better: automatically) restored after the update finishes!

Seriously, I'll bet DJI would find more folks hopping on their updates if they employed this feature. It would also augment their efforts to provide a higher Class of customer service.

Theo

Or use another app all together!;)

Well, with the latest update on my iphone 7 with ios 11 the for me most important “find my drone” is working again and does not make me travel to Shenzen in China all the times,

I am on iOS but I only get Quickshot when I updated to latest firmware. You won’t get it on .400

Exactly what settings get reset when updating?
Most of mine seem to have stayed through the last few updates?

I'm still running 4.1.11 and I noticed that the compass is constantly screwed up! I was flying at a "know" location yesterday,and North was showing exactly straight South? I'm about scared to do the next update. The compass is showing good to go,in the app. I recaliburated it anyway,and still no change!:( The sad part is,the app was working perfectly before with 4.1.10!o_O But with 11,I did get "Quick Shot" another feature,I didn't want or need!:mad:

Last edited:
Exactly what settings get reset when updating?
Most of mine seem to have stayed through the last few updates?
Most of the time it changes the RTH altitude,shuts off the Multi Flight switch,and Max altitude settings. The best thing to do,is make a list of your custom settings (including RC settings),then compare it to what is in the settings after the update.

Reactions: MrsTreat
If I was to take a guess I think as well as what is listed these updates might be related to better compatibility to iOS 11.

I have to say I am really glad I got off this roller coaster ride and stuck with the older firmware and app. I have no plans on updating my dedicated phones iOS version. This Makes my flight readiness limited to just making sure all the batteries are charged.

Rob
Which ones are you using? App and firmware versions I mean..

Which ones are you using? App and firmware versions I mean..

Firmware .0400 and IOS app 4.0.5
Never a problem, I just fly when I want to.

Rob

Reactions: MrsTreat
0941d212ef9cf61fb883519dc308d06d.jpg

I think this is the 3rd update in the last few weeks. Not sure what is going on?

I have avoided updating to 4.1.12! Since having updated to 4.1.11,my compass,has never been right since! It just points North,where ever it seems to think in should be,and not to True North!:( So I have little faith in 4.1.12 being any better? The last few flights I have made were using the "Mavic FPV" app. Sad to say,it works a lot better than the GO4 app. When you land,it will let you control the throttle,and land smoothly,instead of hovering a foot high and dropping down. And the RTH is within inches of the takeoff point,without all the "precision landing" setup! No cluttered screen with info you don't care about,or need,and best of all,NO constant warnings popping up all the time!:)

Updated this week. Now I will not stay out of Beginner mode. It may also be a IOS11 problem. I am charging everything now and will go back outside after the wind calms down. It is currently to gusty to test. The P4P+ is being blown around so I wont even try the Mavic.

Updated this week. Now I will not stay out of Beginner mode. It may also be a IOS11 problem. I am charging everything now and will go back outside after the wind calms down. It is currently to gusty to test. The P4P+ is being blown around so I wont even try the Mavic.

The mavic acted pretty good in very windy conditions, maybe its smaller form factor is helping it. Anyone knows the specific weight of the mavic and the Phantom 4? That counts, too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan