DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Drone Problem - National News

Just like our planes use transponders for tracking, only a matter of time till they’re gonna be on our drones. I pray not.
Well, your prayer was answered - and the answer is “too bad, so sad...”

The Aeroscope unit posted above is a reciever, part of a ground based system that picks up the control signals being transmitted by drones and reads their data stream directly to determine and track their location, identification and other flight information. It will also show where from and to a drone is going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Still rec fliers need to know where and what the limits are and I'm hoping this new test will supply a bit of needed education and at the same time be very basic.

I too don't mind doing a test and drone rego etc, we get to do this into early 2020 apparently here in Australia.

Has there been widespread media advising drone owners they need to register their drones, take a simple test and get licenced etc ?
Without that, authorities are not going to get to a lot of the drone owners out there.

All well and good people here knowing about it, going and doing the test / licencing / labelling drones etc, but most here would at least reasonably know and follow the rules too.
This forum might have a % or two of recreational drone owners in the USA as members, most likely less than 1%, are the others being made aware of the changes and requirements ?

I'd assume commercial drone pilots would be up with FAA news and not be in such need, and having completed a fairly rigorous educational process for part 107 know the rules inside out.

Registered or not this will identify and track multiple brands of drones real-time with locations shown on a map.
You misunderstood the marketing materials.
Aeroscope is designed to only work with ONE brand of drones: DJI!
"Vast majority of popular drones" refers to DJI's dominance of the drone market, where they own 75% of the market. Aeroscope still cannot identify nor track any non-DJI drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89