DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Flyaway

Oliver_I

Reactions
Hi there,

I had my first Mavic Air flyaway this morning. Right after the start at about 20m height the Mavic drifted away sideways fast and hit a tree shortly after that.
I can't really make any sense of the flight logs... would anyone like to have a look and maybe point me in the right direction what went wrong?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks and best regards
Oliver

Ouch, that’s sad to hear mate! It sounds like it hadn’t found a good gps lock yet and hadn’t updated the homepoint. Maybe some of the more informed members can help you out.

Thanks, mate. The good news is: The Mavic seems to be fine, although it hit the tree hard! Cleaned it, installed new props and did a test flight - everything OK so far. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 176
Hi there,

I had my first Mavic Air flyaway this morning. Right after the start at about 20m height the Mavic drifted away sideways fast and hit a tree shortly after that.
I can't really make any sense of the flight logs... would anyone like to have a look and maybe point me in the right direction what went wrong?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks and best regards
Oliver
Do you have video of the flight by any chance?

I think with the camera turned away from me, but I'm not sure anymore.

That doesn't help - I don't know which direction you were facing. I mean in which direction - N, S, E, W etc..

And is the track shown on the PhantomHelp website correct in terms of what it really did?

I just love downloading DATs at our house! Estimated time it will take is an hour and a half:(.

That doesn't help - I don't know which direction you were facing. I mean in which direction - N, S, E, W etc..

And is the track shown on the PhantomHelp website correct in terms of what it really did?

Ah sorry, according to the DJI App it should have been facing East/South-East when starting. Sounds right. And the track on PhantomHelp looks slightly off, but only by a couple of meters. I think I started in the area without trees right above the starting point shown on that map.

Ah sorry, according to the DJI App it should have been facing East/South-East when starting. Sounds right. And the track on PhantomHelp looks slightly off, but only by a couple of meters. I think I started in the area without trees right above the starting point shown on that map.

Sorry to persist but this is important. I know that the log says it was facing ESE (110° to be precise) but, if that is correct, then your original description of it drifting away "sideways" is not correct - it would have been heading approximately forwards. Hence my question.

Wow. At several points it had alerts that there was a GPS connection problem but on the left it never showed GPS was not connected. You also had a warning that an engine was in distress, being obstructed, but only once, and not at the end when you encountered the tree, unless you may have bumped into it more than once. At 72 feet I would not think you could encounter a tree but I don't know, you might have trees that tall. Did you see where you were on the map before you took off? Is this a regular place you fly from or did you travel to get to this launch place?

Sorry to persist but this is important. I know that the log says it was facing ESE (110° to be precise) but, if that is correct, then your original description of it drifting away "sideways" is not correct - it would have been heading approximately forwards. Hence my question.
Hi! Yes, sorry, I wasn't precise. It wasn't drifting sideways, you are right. It just went off to the right because I was just ascending and looked north. So drifting sideways wasn't correct. It took off in I'd say eastern direction.

Hi! Yes, sorry, I wasn't precise. It wasn't drifting sideways, you are right. It just went off to the right because I was just ascending and looked north. So drifting sideways wasn't correct. It took off in I'd say eastern direction.

OK thanks. There appears to be a problem with the DAT file - I can't open it. Still looking into that.

You might not want to waste your data - DatCon and CsvView report that it is not a valid DAT file.
Thanks for that, we have unlimite, but it's still a major pain. Let me know if you figure out how to open it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998