DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another G'day from Australia...

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome. Won’t hold it against you being from “The Switch” 😉. You would have nice areas to fly around the scenic rim areas?
Haha, thanks! Originally from Brisbane, lived all over the world with my career, but last posting was out at Amberley and my wife's family is from here, so here we bought.
There are some nice spots out that way for sure. A shame the dams are so low though, not very appealing to view at the moment.

Hey all,
Not new to drones and aviation, just the forum. Have lurked around various forums and this one seems to be quite useful and friendly.
My background - Australian Air Force veteran - 21 years - aerospace engineering - now retired
Hold my RePL - sub 25kg
Have flown all things possible since I could hold an RC Tx, about 35 years ago, but for quite some time now my focus has been multi-rotors due to my other love; photography.

Currently flying -
- Mavic Pro (1st DJI drone, sentimental attachment plus carries my Insta360 One X and Lume Cube lighting system)
- Phantom 4 Pro (mainly mapping due to the dreaded Phantom gimbal issue I can't resolve)
- Inspire 1 RAW with X5R and various lenses (absolute weapon but time consuming setup)
- Mavic 3 (love this airframe)

Also starting to dabble heavily in the video editing world which the Mavic 3 has dragged me more into. Previously really focussed (pardon the pun) on stills, panos, and 360s.
Very much looking forward to learning more and sharing what I can with you all. Also happy to catch up with those in the area of SE QLD.

Cheers
Troy
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Haha, thanks! Originally from Brisbane, lived all over the world with my career, but last posting was out at Amberley and my wife's family is from here, so here we bought.
There are some nice spots out that way for sure. A shame the dams are so low though, not very appealing to view at the moment.
The dam levels might change in the next few days.

Welcome to the forum, Troy.
You'll find this forum a great resource and community....
Looking forward to your sharing your adventures and knowledge..
Cheers from sunny Singapore (well, actually we've been having thunderstorms every day these past few weeks 😢)
Ranjit

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851