Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another good one gone...

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
Since MOST of you guys are old enough, I figured I'd share my loss with you. I won't blabber on about how much this guy's music influenced me. Here's the top read atm.

Since MOST of you guys are old enough, I figured I'd share my loss with you. I won't blabber on about how much this guy's music influenced me. Here's the top read atm.

I never had the privilege of meeting him, however, I feel like I know him vicariously. I got to know and photograph Melanie ("Candles in the Rain", "Brand New Key") a couple of years ago. As you might remember, she is one of only a few female solo artists who performed at Woodstock. We talked at length about the festival and a lot of the artists, including David Crosby and CSNY. Here she is performing "Look What They've Done to My Song" at a local music festival in 2021. My generation's loss is the heavenly choirs's gain.MBM04858.jpg

Last edited:
I never had the privilege of meeting him, however, I feel like I know him vicariously. I got to know and photograph Melanie (Candles in the Rain, Brand New Key) a couple of years ago. As you might remember, she is one of only a few female solo artists who performed at Woodstock. We talked at length about the festival and a lot of the artists, including David Crosby and CSNY. My generation's loss is the heavenly choirs's gain.
I can't stand in your shadow, sir.

I know exactly who Melanie is. And Joan and Joni!!!!

What an experience that must have been! wow

I can't stand in your shadow, sir.

I know exactly who Melanie is. And Joan and Joni!!!!

What an experience that must have been! wow
I have to admit, although I was covering the event professionally, it was hard to stay focused. She and her family had moved to my town just a few months prior, and I was trying to keep my professional demeanor. However, it was hard - she is a legend.

It's a shame we ALL grow old over time if we're lucky and music legends can have such an lasting effect on so many of us. Such a powerful media. Nothing else quite like it. I loved these artists as well. I find so many songs that are playing at any one time can feel as if they are directing talking to me and with what I'm dealing with personally at the time, What I find interesting is talking about a subject with someone and then a song comes on talking about the same thing a few minutes later. I'm sure that only happens to me, lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada