DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another loony ultra-high altitude drone "near miss"

Ok so it is proven a drone can get that high up. But not to split hairs. But what kind of drone has been “seen” by pilots? A dji mavic pro, A larger unit? octocoptor? I would say not easy to spot a cosmmer grade drone up there.

Why do people here boast about the height or distance that they have achieved flying their drones, most are well and truly out of line of sight, so I gather illegal. It all seems to be about bragging rights with no useful purpose resulting in more restrictions imposed. Fly your drone, take wonderful photos/videos have fun, but don't ruin it for the rest with blatant stupidity!
Why do people boast about how fast they drive their cars? I have a friend who told me that his BMW M5 limiter worked...which means he got it up to 135 mph - he was on the NJ Turnpike (Speed Limit 65). So? It's the same logic. People like to push boundaries. If you tell them not to do something, it seems they feel obliged to do it. It's a challenge, like any other.

Me? I like to take photos and feel like a bird...That said, I don't stay within VLOS at all times either.

Why do people boast about how fast they drive their cars? I have a friend who told me that his BMW M5 limiter worked...which means he got it up to 135 mph - he was on the NJ Turnpike (Speed Limit 65). So? It's the same logic. People like to push boundaries. If you tell them not to do something, it seems they feel obliged to do it. It's a challenge, like any other.

Me? I like to take photos and feel like a bird...That said, I don't stay within VLOS at all times either.
But the playtime is over when you have to share with your wife the thought......”I think I may have brought down that aircraft that crashed”

Or hay I helped capture that murder.

Both good and bad will come out of drones. Things that just “ happened” or planed. Is to be seen.
but best bet is we as a community, should try to put drones in a good light.
other things I have done and enjoy in my life. we as community’s try to do that, if nothing else in the police, and “other” emg community get a great glowing review.
no not everybody will like us, some just hate cause somewhere somebody is having fun, and they can not control, or stop it.

Or hay I helped capture that murder.

Both good and bad will come out of drones. Things that just “ happened” or planed. Is to be seen.
but best bet is we as a community, should try to put drones in a good light.
other things I have done and enjoy in my life. we as community’s try to do that, if nothing else in the police, and “other” emg community get a great glowing review.
no not everybody will like us, some just hate cause somewhere somebody is having fun, and they can not control, or stop it.
Be nice to fly out and drop a flotation device to a swimmer in trouble out in the Gulf...... talk about a great feeling that would be

That’s what I mean. Just to be able to good, if worth is own reward.
A program I have know and worked with most of my life.

You help someone, they own help to another. No records kept. No requirement,
And it is forbedden to take a payment of any kind.
No “rules” no over watch. Just peps helping other peps.
Gov hates it cause they can not control, regulate or tax it.

Like that song says (with personal comments)
"my Mazarati does 185"
And you know this how?
"I lost my license, now I don't drive"
That's what I figured.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member