DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Marylander...

Bruce R

Reactions
I live in Maryland, originally from the Eastern Shore (Salisbury) and now live in Germantown.

My Mavic arrives today! I've played around with some of the inexpensive drones (Husban X4, for example), but I am pure novice at this point. It will be nice to fly something with a battery life longer than 4 or 5 minutes for sure.

I've been watching a ton of YouTube videos on the Mavic, and can't wait to get started. Looks like the weather may not cooperate this evening. Maybe that's a good thing; will make me spend more time reading the manual.

Let me know if you know of any good spots to fly near me!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: HecticPancakes
I live in Maryland, originally from the Eastern Shore (Salisbury) and now live in Germantown.

My Mavic arrives today! I've played around with some of the inexpensive drones (Husban X4, for example), but I am pure novice at this point. It will be nice to fly something with a battery life longer than 4 or 5 minutes for sure.

I've been watching a ton of YouTube videos on the Mavic, and can't wait to get started. Looks like the weather may not cooperate this evening. Maybe that's a good thing; will make me spend more time reading the manual.

Let me know if you know of any good spots to fly near me!
Howdy from Wyoming Bruce R, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome! So many helpful people here, ready to answer any questions. Just be careful and take it slow your first couple of flights until you become familiar with the Mavic.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I got my Mavic last night. I am not, however, without issue. The 4 inch RC cable for USB-C phones is faulty. I was able to get my phone to see the controller using a 12 inch micro-usb cable plugged into the bottom USB-port on the remote with a USB-C adapter on the micro-USB end. I called DJI, and they wanted me to go back to Dell to see if they will replace this cable since I didn't buy it from the DJI store, suggesting that Dell should offer "post-sale support" on my brand-new unit. I told him that it was highly unlikely that they would carry it. He also suggested that if I was so inclined, that I can buy one for $8 from the DJI store. Keep in mind this drone is less than 24 hours old and has a 1 year warranty against defects. If any of the DJI employees on this forum can lend me a hand, I sure would be grateful. I called Dell and they are prepared to do a full return of the drone, faulty $0.25 cable and all.

While on the phone with DJI, I was updating my firmware. My WiFi at home has been acting up (new router on the way), and the download failed a couple times, but ultimately, it did download, only to see that the drone battery fell below 50% so the firmware could not be installed. Then I could not get the Mavic to power off. The 2 middle LED's on the battery were lit. I found another thread somewhere indicating that I may have to send them to DJI. I was able to finish the firmware update with my second battery.

I think I did find a thread about the battery and a guy who fixed his "2 middle LEDs" issue after re-downloading his firmware with the fully-charged flaky battery in the unit. I guess I will try that. If anyone knows how I can get DJI to replace defective parts on a 24 hour old drone, I would be grateful for the tip. The guy who "helped" me didn't...

Update on the battery issue: I found a Youtube video:

Using the DJI Assistant 2, you can connect your mavic to the PC and update the firmware on the battery. I could not use the app, because the battery reported <50% charge, even though I charged it for several hours in its inconsistent state. Once installed, this fix was very quick. Yay!

I was able to reach someone at DJI Support via chat this evening, and he's put in a request for a new cable for me. I had to jump through hoops to have him request it, and it still needs to be approved before it will be sent, but at least the guy tried to be helpful.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu