DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another New Guy

RWD

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings folks. New drone owner and flier here, checking in from one of the endless suburbs of Houston, Texas. Specifically Katy for those familiar with the area. I am retired from a long global Engineering career with one of the petrochemical majors, so have way too much time on my hands to get into trouble. Hopefully the new toy(s) will help with that.

My Mavic 2 Pro (with RE Goggles) arrived late last week, and I did a bit of flying in a nearby park on Friday. All beginner mode stuff, and using the Controller with my iPhone, but great fun. I have not tried the Goggles yet, I figure I will wait till I am a bit more proficient with the controls first. I really enjoyed the flying, and thought it would be nice to have a smaller bird to take with me when I travel, so I ordered a Mavic Air that I hope will be here late this week (see my General post about import duties on shipments from China).

I have to mention the quality and quantity of Mavic-specific videos on YouTube. From even before I ordered the Mavic, I was browsing & watching them. They cover everything from choice of drones to purchase, unboxing, initial set-up, general flights, and specific flight/photo/video options. They were incredible helpful in leading me through the setup process, and first flight. As I get braver and willing to try some of the pre-programmed flight options, I will refer to them for guidance. I honestly cannot recommend these enough for anyone new to the hobby and the DJI drones in particular.

I was told there is a group that meets on a fairly regular basis at the same park I was at on Friday, and have made a connection so I can join them next outing. I am sure that will help me learn quite a bit faster. Apparently many of them are FPV fliers, so that will be cool to watch/learn.

One of my other hobbies is race cars, and we jokingly use the term "keep the shiny side up" as general good wishes to someone. I guess the equivalent here would be "keep the propellers looking up". Or something like that - happy to hear improvements.

Cheers folks.....

Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy the forum.
Lived in Alvin and Clear Lake City back in the days of the Mercury astronauts.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum! Houston? I lived in a suburb of Dallas for over 20 years, been to Houston a bunch of times. Have you been to the National Funeral Museum? Sounds creepy but it's actually pretty interesting. :p

Greetings folks. New drone owner and flier here, checking in from one of the endless suburbs of Houston, Texas. Specifically Katy for those familiar with the area. I am retired from a long global Engineering career with one of the petrochemical majors, so have way too much time on my hands to get into trouble. Hopefully the new toy(s) will help with that.

My Mavic 2 Pro (with RE Goggles) arrived late last week, and I did a bit of flying in a nearby park on Friday. All beginner mode stuff, and using the Controller with my iPhone, but great fun. I have not tried the Goggles yet, I figure I will wait till I am a bit more proficient with the controls first. I really enjoyed the flying, and thought it would be nice to have a smaller bird to take with me when I travel, so I ordered a Mavic Air that I hope will be here late this week (see my General post about import duties on shipments from China).

I have to mention the quality and quantity of Mavic-specific videos on YouTube. From even before I ordered the Mavic, I was browsing & watching them. They cover everything from choice of drones to purchase, unboxing, initial set-up, general flights, and specific flight/photo/video options. They were incredible helpful in leading me through the setup process, and first flight. As I get braver and willing to try some of the pre-programmed flight options, I will refer to them for guidance. I honestly cannot recommend these enough for anyone new to the hobby and the DJI drones in particular.

I was told there is a group that meets on a fairly regular basis at the same park I was at on Friday, and have made a connection so I can join them next outing. I am sure that will help me learn quite a bit faster. Apparently many of them are FPV fliers, so that will be cool to watch/learn.

One of my other hobbies is race cars, and we jokingly use the term "keep the shiny side up" as general good wishes to someone. I guess the equivalent here would be "keep the propellers looking up". Or something like that - happy to hear improvements.

Cheers folks.....
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic 2 Pro and Goggles, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan