DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Ontario Newcomer

at_shack

Reactions
Hi all,

New to drones (just bought a Mini 2) and to the forum, which I just upgraded. I'm slowly working my way through threads so I don't inundate you all with questions that have been asked hundreds of times before. Of course I decide to pull the trigger and get into drones just before our long winter takes hold, so I see the forum being a great winter pass time until Spring rears its head. :)

Regards,
Allen

Hello from the Crossroads of America at_shack.

Nice to meet you Allen. 🤝

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

You can still fly in the winter, you just have to be careful about your batteries. Keep them next to your skin until you fly, and keep an eye on the battery temperature when flying. (I'd also keep the aircraft close to you, both because you are starting out and because if the batteries start cooling off they will lose power quickly so you won't have as much flight time as you think.)

I know a chap who flew his Mavic Air in -30C weather to get the shot he wanted — he said winter flying is mostly about battery management.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all,

New to drones (just bought a Mini 2) and to the forum, which I just upgraded. I'm slowly working my way through threads so I don't inundate you all with questions that have been asked hundreds of times before. Of course I decide to pull the trigger and get into drones just before our long winter takes hold, so I see the forum being a great winter pass time until Spring rears its head. :)

Regards,
Allen
Winter - not really. Just have to be a bit more cautious in winter and take necessary precautions for batteries / etc. No high winds either!

Give us some of those CN winter wonderland photos / videos.

Hi all,

Regards,
Allen
Hey Allen, Welcome to this awesome forum. But I might suggest flying from your heated car and thinking about getting a neoprene wetsuit as I have. Even freezing my rear off, 1 battery worth and some simple maneuvers can curb the winter hunger. FYI @Phantomrain.org is a member on the forum who produces the wetsuits and more, if interested. Along with other great approved vendors on this forum. Also the discount commonly given is an obvious perk. Have fun! Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avster