DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another "Pop-Up" Video. This one from Australia. Beautiful colors.

Some great river towns throughout Australia, but South Australia and Victoria with the mighty Murray River flowing through have some of the best.

Footage of the Murray up that way would be nice to see, I flew back from Brisbane last week, and the SA Murray around Mannum was simply bursting at the seams, all backwaters virtually as one with the river itself.

This is generally the time of year the Murray is at its fullest.

Re Billabong, the wiki definition you found is what I've always thought it meant . . . derived from bila, meaning "river", it may have been combined with bong or bung, meaning "dead".
It's an Australian term for an oxbow lake, an isolated pond left behind after a river changes course.
Billabongs are usually formed when the path of a creek or river changes, leaving the former branch with a dead end.
As a result of the arid Australian climate in which these "dead rivers" are often found, billabongs fill with water seasonally but can be dry for a greater part of the year (sometimes many years !).

Billabong clothing had a watered down version of it "derived from the Wiradjuri word "bilabaŋ" that refers to a "creek that runs only during the rainy season".

Love the pop-ups! Procedure used?

Love the pop-ups! Procedure used?

It's a manual procedure.

I once watched some 80s music videos with pop-ups on VH1 (or similar music channel). I liked the idea of using pop-ups to tell a story so I re-created the effect for my videos (I have many).

I use VSDC video editor. I made a re-usable sprite (container) containing a pop-up composed of the following items:

• A tool-tip (text balloon)
  • A sound (pop)
  • A zoom function
  • A fade function
  • A motion / trajectory (where necessary)

Reactions: PAW
It's a manual procedure.

I once watched some 80s music videos with pop-ups on VH1 (or similar music channel). I liked the idea of using pop-ups to tell a story so I re-created the effect for my videos (I have many).

I use VSDC video editor. I made a re-usable sprite (container) containing a pop-up composed of the following items:

• A tool-tip (text balloon)
  • A sound (pop)
  • A zoom function
  • A fade function
  • A motion / trajectory (where necessary)
Quite clever!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS