DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another rookie

synaesthesia

Reactions
Hi from the UK

I have been lurking here for a week and figured I'd actually say hello. I'm Gaz and I'm from Nottingham in the United Kingdom. I'm new to drones, model aircraft and well, remote controlling of anything like this. I have been pondering the purchase of a drone for quite a while but figured I wanted something with range, battery life and a decent camera (don't we all) but not wanting to spend loads of cash on something that I felt I'd put in a tree on its first flight.

Anyway the other day I impulse bought a DJI Mavic Air (which has arrived and been flown), I am very happy with it so far, it does everything I expected it to be able to do and more. I'm looking forward to the longer days with more sunlight arriving so I can spend more time in the air and hopefully get good at flying and maybe even collect some decent pictures along the way?

Cheers

Gaz

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: synaesthesia
I'm looking forward to the longer days with more sunlight arriving
hi gaz
yes, weather and light is a pain this time of year.

welcome and be sure to search for any problems or questions you may have, most of them wont be new and you will find someone else has already asked and got a reply.
if not ask.
if your not sure, ask
if you think its daft, ask.
be sure to download the FULL manual.
and have funThumbswayup

Hi from the UK

I have been lurking here for a week and figured I'd actually say hello. I'm Gaz and I'm from Nottingham in the United Kingdom. I'm new to drones, model aircraft and well, remote controlling of anything like this. I have been pondering the purchase of a drone for quite a while but figured I wanted something with range, battery life and a decent camera (don't we all) but not wanting to spend loads of cash on something that I felt I'd put in a tree on its first flight.

Anyway the other day I impulse bought a DJI Mavic Air (which has arrived and been flown), I am very happy with it so far, it does everything I expected it to be able to do and more. I'm looking forward to the longer days with more sunlight arriving so I can spend more time in the air and hopefully get good at flying and maybe even collect some decent pictures along the way?

Cheers

Gaz
Howdy from Wyoming @synaesthesia , lots of good information and great people on this community, welcome

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR QUICK START GUIDE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat